Big Mal and Mercer Banner

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Hi everyone I thought I'd bring up the whole banner disscusion back up today as its been a sad day for all of us blues as we all know a true gentleman and not just a City legend but a football legend sadly passed away today we all knew him as Big Mal, Malcom Allison is no longer with us anymore only in spirit is he and Mercer watching over us.

Anyway I thought it would be fitting for the Arsenal game at home next week to have a banner in his and Mercers honour and maybe a few songs as well if anyone can think of any???

Just thought what everyones thoughts would be on this?

I think I'm right in saying you organised the ticker tape last year. If anyone has the organisational abilities it's you, and you must all be aware of the big BM banner on the East Stand. I'd love to see it, and I think we have more than enough people to do it. I'd love to see it, and although many ideas being tossed around are being dismissed until the emotion has passed, I'd love to see this.

Amigo said:
I think I'm right in saying you organised the ticker tape last year. If anyone has the organisational abilities it's you, and you must all be aware of the big BM banner on the East Stand. I'd love to see it, and I think we have more than enough people to do it. I'd love to see it, and although many ideas being tossed around are being dismissed until the emotion has passed, I'd love to see this.

As much as I would love to take credit for the ticker tape last year that was unfortunately not me, but this banner I am more then willing to listen to any blues ideas and suggestions.

All the bad press we have had the past year and so I think the death of such a great bloke who played a big part in this clubs history will bring us blues closer together and give us a chance to work together and show what people forgot this club is about and show what Big Mal saw in this club by making next week not about City and Arsenal but how much each and every blue young and old loved Malcom Allison.

I have got to be honest i know that de jong needs are support but this is by far alot more deserved as a banner, really sad day and if this gets off the ground i will chip in, and would be great to get it in the ground for the next game

again

R.I.P BIG MAL

Ok I'm just in the process for designing my own flag/banner for Joe and Mal if anyone has any ideas what to put on it I would be most greatful.

I sit in the 3rd tier of East Stand so as soon as its all done I will be hanging it up.

I was thinking something along the lines of Malcom Allison and Joe Mercer - Lengends never die?

C1TY4LIFE said:
Amigo said:

As much as I would love to take credit for the ticker tape last year that was unfortunately not me, but this banner I am more then willing to listen to any blues ideas and suggestions.

All the bad press we have had the past year and so I think the death of such a great bloke who played a big part in this clubs history will bring us blues closer together and give us a chance to work together and show what people forgot this club is about and show what Big Mal saw in this club by making next week not about City and Arsenal but how much each and every blue young and old loved Malcom Allison.

LOVE THIS POST

Four years ago it was all Man United, Man United, Man United. It drove me mad. If I mentioned Man City they laughed at me. Who's Laughing Now?

Malcolm Allison 1927 - 2010

I think that would be a great banner considering what we are trying to achieve now.

C1TY4LIFE said:
Hi everyone I thought I'd bring up the whole banner disscusion back up today as its been a sad day for all of us blues as we all know a true gentleman and not just a City legend but a football legend sadly passed away today we all knew him as Big Mal, Malcom Allison is no longer with us anymore only in spirit is he and Mercer watching over us.

Anyway I thought it would be fitting for the Arsenal game at home next week to have a banner in his and Mercers honour and maybe a few songs as well if anyone can think of any???

Just thought what everyones thoughts would be on this?
great idea that mate

One of these with turned into a black stencil image on a plain blue background would look quality and would be a lasting tribute from the fans. This could easily be arranged.

zunub6.jpg

23rpyed.jpg

Count me in on a contribution to a banner, you can PM me and i'll sort out money with whoever and meet up, few of my pals from Astra signs do signage at City maybe they can help, let me know

RIP Big Mal, condolences to the family

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.