Big Nige

LYNX said:
Ricster said:
Name me 3 better DM's that are playing better than De Jong right now.

Essien
Xabi Alonso
Schweinsteiger (or is he cm?)

LYNX, they all play different roles to de jong, alonso and schweinsteiger are more of a deep lying play maker than a outright DM like nige is, and essien doesn't seem to be playing the same role as de jong is at the moment neither, essiens old role seem to have been taken on by mikel at the moment.

AntonDonJuan said:
LYNX said:
Essien
Xabi Alonso
Schweinsteiger (or is he cm?)
Essien isn't playing better than De Jong.

Alonso isn't a defensive midfielder, he's a centre midfielder.

Schweinsteiger isn't a defensive midfielder, he's a centre midfielder
LOL, don't use facts to argue you're point, invent some reasons!

As my old manager used to say to me, "Go in with a half a challenge, come out with half a leg". Didn't see anything wrong with the challenge in real-time, but it looks bad when you waych it again. Don't think NDJ went in to specifically hurt anyone, but he did. Gotta feel bad for Ben Arfa though. Anyone who doesn't think NDJ is talented is pretty fucking abysmal at knowing their shit though.

does who are saying all these nasty comments about de jong is something of a hate to his holding play,they don't understand the role as a holding player anymore.they thinking holding players holds unto play forgetting of defending and getting back to plays like making challenges like this one.

Its really starting to wind me up the reputation De Jong is getting, whilst I won't defend the Alonso thing in the World Cup, he's not a dirty player, a hard player? Yes, but not dirty.

He won the ball yesterday and what happened to Ben Arfa was a real shame, but if had been Barry that tackled him it would have been put down as an accident and everyone would have moved on.

De Jong is a bit of a marked man now, especially in the media. Its particularly annoying when you compare him to that ginger dwarf from the swamp. ''Paul Scholes can't tackle ha ha ha'' - the biggest myth in football, Scholes is one of the dirtiest players in the league but whenever he scythes down yet another opposition player whoever is commentating laughs it off, as if to say ''bless him he tries, oh well''

Sadly I think De Jong will pick up a few red cards this season and I reckon his reputation will play a big part in that. Which is a shame, because he's not dirty, he's tough tackling.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Its really starting to wind me up the reputation De Jong is getting, whilst I won't defend the Alonso thing in the World Cup, he's not a dirty player, a hard player? Yes, but not dirty.

He won the ball yesterday and what happened to Ben Arfa was a real shame, but if had been Barry that tackled him it would have been put down as an accident and everyone would have moved on.

De Jong is a bit of a marked man now, especially in the media. Its particularly annoying when you compare him to that ginger dwarf from the swamp. ''Paul Scholes can't tackle ha ha ha'' - the biggest myth in football, Scholes is one of the dirtiest players in the league but whenever he scythes down yet another opposition player whoever is commentating laughs it off, as if to say ''bless him he tries, oh well''

Sadly I think De Jong will pick up a few red cards this season and I reckon his reputation will play a big part in that. Which is a shame, because he's not dirty, he's tough tackling.

Absolutely agree 100%

Bellamy's Caddy said:

I saw a program with Jamie Redknapp saying that everyone in the game knows that Scholes knows exactly what he is doing. Can anyone really say that the crunching tackles Nige makes does not get you out of your seat - we call for commitment and here is a guy giving it to us. I loved the tackle yesterday made me know that meant business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.