big update on Johnson...and more

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Been on hols last couple of weeks, did I miss anything...

Hope this brings a little bit of sunshine back with me.

Have just learned this afternoon the following....

We are now firmly in the mix for Glenn Johnson, having only asked for updates up until Sunday night.

We have since offered to include Benjani on top of any fee- we still owe £3.5m based on future appearances (ones he certainly won't be afforded in a City shirt)

There is no actual fee, only that we will match cash offers - currently £18m from Liverpool and Chelsea.

Johnson is now into a serious rethink, having initially counted us out.

Tevez is a City player in all but name - we have a five year agreement in principle - money is closer to Robbie's than previous speculation led everyone to believe.

City expect to announce a formal verbal statement by Friday.

Re Samuel Eto'o. City have entered into an agreement of mutual understanding with both the player's solicitor and Barca.

The solicitor is flying into London on Friday. Eto'o is awaiting to agree a loyalty payment of £1m loyalty payment due to him from Barca, as part of his contract to reward Champs success.

Barca quoted City last week £26m for Yaya Toure, a real interest was declared by Hughes, hence the new contract offer by Barca to Toure was derisory.

The only speculative part of the info given to me, Kolo is crucial to this deal going forward,

Apologies if I've posted anything that's already been mentioned on here previously.

Absolute drivel of the highest order , how on earth would you know all that detail ? ?
Tevez does look like he is on his way , fair do's but this has been known for sometime now ,
but Eto'o ? ? Please , keep it real , no way on earth he would sacrifice CL football to move to rainy Manchester ......
Use some common sense please ffs!

I dont know what to believe anymore guys... the transfer window has just opened and im exhausted!!!! I must stop checking this site and SSN.com every 5 mins!!!!!!!!

julio jordio said:
We won't get either tevez or eto'o. Sorry to be a killjoy but it won't happen.

This unfortunatly :(

Eto is just trying to drive his pay up and using us for leverage IMO.
Tevez was close but no cigar - which is a shame.

Last week Talksport were saying he had signed and an announcement was imminent, now theres talk of liverpool & chelsea.
tbh id be supprised if he left UTD now Ronaldo has gone.

ITs all a bit gutting because those two players and Lescott or someone of his ilk would have pushed us into competing with the top4. Johnson wont be coming to City either.

None of this is fact - all just my opinion but decades of nothing but bad news may have just made me cynical

doomuk said:
julio jordio said:

Last week Talksport were saying he had signed and an announcement was imminent, now theres talk of liverpool & chelsea.

ITs all a bit gutting because those two players and Lescott or someone of his ilk would have pushed us into competing with the top4. Johnson wont be coming to City either.

None of this is fact - all just my opinion but decades of nothing but bad news may have just made me cynical

You need need to get out of your 'old city' A=A way of thinking. This is a new unit of time mate. Start afresh. YES WE CAN.....California sun does have that effect on an ex pat im afraid.

california blue said:
doomuk said:
julio jordio said:

You need need to get out of your 'old city' A=A way of thinking. This is a new unit of time mate. Start afresh. YES WE CAN.....California sun does have that effect on an ex pat im afraid.

People need to adopt the Obama yes we can policy on here and stop acting like Sarah Palin :)

Daz_Blue said:
california blue said:
doomuk said:
julio jordio said:

People need to adopt the Obama yes we can policy on here and stop acting like Sarah Palin :)

Dear God, I'm hearing brown shirts marching in lock step.

Johnny_on said:
Ian Wright hinting at a link between us getting Tev and Eto'o...Now i know shaun has got to be ITK

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2482715/Man-City-need-Tev.html
Or his researchers could just be picking up bits of bullshit off here.

Maybe someone who knows how these things work can correct me, but I doubt players have much knowledge of incoming players and certainly not of the demands they are making. This would be especially true during the close season when everyone's out of the country and not even interacting at training. Or is Garry Cook calling SWP in Barbados (or wherever) every 5 minutes to keep him up to date?

Football players aren't exactly well known for their discretion so I personally would keep them as far out of the loop as possible when it comes to transfers. Likewise, I don't know why physios would be privy to such information.

doomuk said:
julio jordio said:

some one talking sense!! FINALLY!!!

bluesyob said:
some one talking sense!! FINALLY!!!

This point of view is the one that actually makes no sense.

There is every chance Tevez will come given the information we have, and if Tevez comes then it makes the club more attractive to the likes of Eto'o surely? In turn, the club was more attractive to the likes of Tevez because we signed Barry, and the club was more attractive to Barry because we had Robinho, Given etc.

I'm not saying it will happen, but cracking on like everyone who thinks there's even a chance is deluded and unrealistic suggests you are stuck in the past, with the likes of Franny Lee and Peter Swales.

We ARE the richest club in the world, football IS a job to players and money IS a HUGE factor in where we all choose to work.

They could both be here soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.