Biggest C**T to ever play for city

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Tim of the Oak said:
I think this is a little unfair. I think he showed a lot of character.

Fair enough GDM, Kevin's performances were solid.

Circumstances didn't help him nor having the nickname Spec / Special in the squad (in the days long before anyone had called themselves the Special 1).
He was a boo-boy for a bit, partly because of accusations of nepotism and partly because he was keeping Nicky Reid out his preferred position of centre half and sometimes the team altogether.

It wasn't his fault his dad picked him and it wasn't like he was picked from non-league obscurity.

He never became a favourite, but he managed to quell the boo boys by, as you say, putting in some solid performances and scoring a few penalties too iirc. He also scored that amazing goal v Everton when Trevor Francis got sent off for that feeble head-butt.

Fair play to Kevin Bond, I say. He showed a lot of metal strength and he's never slagged off the club since as far as I'm aware, although I'm not sure about the company he keeps these days ;-)

All fair points GDM and he didn fall foul of his dad not selecting home grown players. Another example would be John Bond refusing to pick Dave Bennett when Dave said he wouldn't reach his peak until his mid to late 20s.

A factor counting against Kevin would be the Club's over the top treatment of him arriving (embossed brief cases and first class travel in the days when the team often travelled steerage etc). I agree that this wasn't necessarily Kevin's fault

Tim of the Oak said:
I think this is a little unfair. I think he showed a lot of character.

Circumstances didn't help him nor having the nickname Spec / Special in the squad (in the days long before anyone had called themselves the Special 1).
He was a boo-boy for a bit, partly because of accusations of nepotism and partly because he was keeping Nicky Reid out his preferred position of centre half and sometimes the team altogether.

It wasn't his fault his dad picked him and it wasn't like he was picked from non-league obscurity.

He never became a favourite, but he managed to quell the boo boys by, as you say, putting in some solid performances and scoring a few penalties too iirc. He also scored that amazing goal v Everton when Trevor Francis got sent off for that feeble head-butt.

Fair play to Kevin Bond, I say. He showed a lot of metal strength and he's never slagged off the club since as far as I'm aware, although I'm not sure about the company he keeps these days ;-)

I'd have to agree with that. He gave it his best shot and he showed a lot of character on the penalty spot.

For me, I'd have to go with Danny Mills. An absolute twat who stole a living.
Honourable mentions for McManaman and Tevez too but, at least, they didn't continue to bad-mouth us whilst milking their association with City, afterwards.

mad4city said:
Tim of the Oak said:

I'd have to agree with that. He gave it his best shot and he showed a lot of character on the penalty spot.

For me, I'd have to go with Danny Mills. An absolute twat who stole a living.
Honourable mentions for McManaman and Tevez too but, at least, they didn't continue tobad-mouth us anx milk their association with City

Could pick with people saying Danny Mills. He lives near our Supporters Club but there is no chance we would invite Danny to a Harrogate Blues night the tw*t

To be fair to Danny Mills, a lot of the criticism he made of City in the Mancini season turned out to be right. We just didn't like hearing it from an ex-blue at the time when everyone else was critical of Mancini's management. Ex-players, especially recent ex-players hear stuff from staff, and players.

Very few fans know players properly so threads like these are meaningless

Marvin said:
To be fair to Danny Mills, a lot of the criticism he made of City in the Mancini season turned out to be right. We just didn't like hearing it from an ex-blue at the time when everyone else was critical of Mancini's management. Ex-players, especially recent ex-players hear stuff from staff, and players.

Very few fans know players properly so threads like these are meaningless

Maybe so Marvin, so by your rule your criticism of Mancini (or citing Danny's criticisms) are equally meaningless.

Should we take statements from Yaya's agent and Aguero's dad as evidence of unrest in the squad?

Keith Curle - horrible person. Hated by many at the club. Mick McCarthy runs him close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.