Biggest mistakes of the decade.

Not happened yet hahaha

It's been said before I know but not signing VVD was the biggest mistake for me, not only would we have him but we would have stopped those manky twats getting him.
When you say manky....?

There are so many (with the benefit of hindsight). That's not to say that the club is run poorly. United's list would be longer than I have the stamina for.
  • Not signing Hazard (would probably have won us two additional league titles).
  • The signings of Bony, Mangala, Rodwell and Nolito (to name just a few).
  • Replacing Dzeko with Bony.
  • Did I mention Bony?
  • Failing (repeatedly) to strengthen when we've had a successful season.
  • Failing to really challenge Liverpool for Van Dijk.
  • Failing to identify Mane as a suitable target whilst he was at Southampton (his talent was incredibly obvious, even though I hate the diving coward).
  • Repeatedly spending in areas where we are strong, leaving weaker areas to suffer.
  • Failing to give Sancho sufficient game time and/or assurances in order to persuade him to sign a professional contract.
  • Neglecting the fullback areas for years (mainly under Pellegrini).
  • Persisting too long with Bravo.
  • Wilfried Bony

Last edited:
Mane and van Dijk aren't real mistakes as we signed just as good alternatives in Sane and Laporte. Bony was a major mistake but tthe way I see it is it did allow us to sign both Sterling and De Bruyne during that summer.

Last edited:
Not signing frenkie Dejong and matijas De light in the summer before Barca and Juve did. Had we signed these 2 we would be fighting for the tittle still.
No, we’d still be leaking goals. Good defenders is what we needed.

Yeah but we could've stopped the cult getting the best CB in the premiership. That was a mistake imo.
Their defense was entirely average without him.
Robertson and TAA average? Best fullbacks in the country by a mile.

Not giving Rabin the head of PR job.
Not had a Balti pie for ages, but if they have taken raisins out, thats nailed on.
Opening the gates before 90 mins everygame
Not building the team around Bony and letting him work his arse off while others were swaning around - never forgive them for that one.
Not doing a Natalie and Victoria calendar every year

I'll leave it there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.