Biggest, Most Important home match in City’s history?

giphy.gif
Was that the hill at Blackburn ? Or the queue for York City away ?

Same here. For many reasons, it was a perfect storm for City and without it, there is no Newcastle, no Aguero.

I didn't enjoy a single moment of it until the final whistle.

The Madrid game is huge, but is perhaps given more hype because of the glamour of the opponent and the new fans which have come on board since?

That United game was the end of the begining.
Yes, that’s the most nervous I’ve ever been before a game, even at work couldn’t think of anything else

However, this Wednesday is a bigger game in the context of where we are as a club now

I won’t be as nervous but I’m desperate for us to win , not for rivalry sake this time but if we go all the way it will define the club for the next decade.

we could be at the start of an era of dominance in Europe as well as the premier league

that first one makes the others easier

This FA cup final is a multitude bigger game than the RM one, the first major final between the two teams, the UCL is still a manufactured ball juggling cheat fest that will be usurped by another competition with another name down the line.

In 20 years time the UCL lovers will be longing for their long dead competition whilst the FA cup will be in its 170'th year.

This FA cup final is a multitude bigger game than the RM one, the first major final between the two teams, the UCL is still a manufactured ball juggling cheat fest that will be usurped by another competition with another name down the line.

In 20 years time the UCL lovers will be longing for their long dead competition whilst the FA cup will be in its 170'th year.
Nah, the FA cup has been a minor competition since the 1990's. Nice to win and an end of season jolly for fans in that there London but that is about it these days. Only the final attracts a world wide audience.

The CL, or whatever its future structure turns out to be, is a worldwide phenomenon watched by millions on TV from its group stages all the way through. Ask any South American, African, European or Asian footballer which medal he would rather have in his pocket and I guarantee that 100% of them would choose a CL medal.

Nah, the FA cup has been a minor competition since the 1990's

Nope, that's a trope pushed around that means very little, just because the rags didn't want it.

Champions league is an over manufactured abomination which will be revamped soon just like every other Mickey Mouse European cup.

Wasn't watching in your pajamas more important? When City played Everton on a Sunday morning.

Or, the home game at our lastest ground of the 21st century because Bryan Adams was at our main place?

Nope, that's a trope pushed around that means very little, just because the rags didn't want it.

Champions league is an over manufactured abomination which will be revamped soon just like every other Mickey Mouse European cup.
Not a trope at all.....just look at the early round attendances. Most ties fall well below league attendances unless some minnow plays a big club at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.