Biggest sell-outs

• Thread starter dronefromsector7g
  • Start date
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
foxy said:
I don't mind professional athletes being sell outs. They earn very little compared to other sports stars and have a very short career.

Just done a quickie on Wiki, and Usain 'Plastic' Bolt is supposed to be worth $30 million.
Does he really need to dress as a baby in a truly toe-curling advert to pimp Branstonpickle's interweb product for a few bob more?

Although he might be ok among other famous 'fast twitchers' it's a different story for the long distance runners like Farah, Radcliffe and the field athletes like Jess Ennis, who earn a lot less. Whilst yes they do get winnings for their performance, they're not going to compete after 35. I also doubt they'd receive a lot for commentating on UK XC champs, on the red button channel on Saturday afternoon where as mediocre footballers seem to be making a killing with dire punditry on MOTD.

foxy said:
foxy said:
I don't mind professional athletes being sell outs. They earn very little compared to other sports stars and have a very short career.

Just done a quickie on Wiki, and Usain 'Plastic' Bolt is supposed to be worth $30 million.
Does he really need to dress as a baby in a truly toe-curling advert to pimp Branstonpickle's interweb product for a few bob more?

Although he might be ok among other famous 'fast twitchers' it's a different story for the long distance runners like Farah, Radcliffe and the field athletes like Jess Ennis, who earn a lot less. Whilst yes they do get winnings for their performance, they're not going to compete after 35. I also doubt they'd receive a lot for commentating on UK XC champs, on the red button channel on Saturday afternoon where as mediocre footballers seem to be making a killing with dire punditry on MOTD.

As soon as she's dropped her sprog, Jessica Ennis can always pop round to mine and earn £100 for two minutes work if she needs money for Pampers.

Damocles said:
kinkladz-ade said:
My hero Yoda doing Vodafone adverts

That's a fucking travesty.

Almost as big a travesty as this one....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_E1MvghJdM&feature=player_detailpage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_E1Mvgh ... detailpage</a>

aguero93:20 said:
Damocles said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpfcq4pV5U[/youtube]

That's inexcusably racist

So is johnsonontheleft, but he's still here.
Ok, Ali is a racist **** - lets get the rope, although possibly not the pointy hoods.
As said previously, I think he was duped by folk with dubious causes, but was basically a righteous cat, as TMQ would say.
I think he was well-intentioned but far from the sharpest spoon in the drawer, you're also not looking at that in the context and time in which he said it Damocles, this was America round the time of the Los Angeles riots of 1965 (Watts) and the Chicago Riots of 1968 (Martin Luther King)
Fucking hell; I'd hate to be in your house when Fergie kicks the bucket. Anyone eating jelly and ice cream will cut themselves to ribbons with those sharp spoons!

foxy said:

As soon as she's dropped her sprog, Jessica Ennis can always pop round to mine and earn £100 for two minutes work if she needs money for Pampers.

Haaaaa!!!

pinkwheeltrim said:
Shed 7. Not content with letting one of their songs (speakeasy) be used for a mobile phone company, they re-recorded the bloody thing and chanced the words (At The Link it's easy)!

Ha beat me to it! Still love them though. Think Rick/the band was paid £10,000 for this....worth it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.