Biggest sell-outs

• Thread starter dronefromsector7g
  • Start date
Damocles said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
CTID1988 said:
Come on, he was a bit racist " Integration is wrong. We don't want to live with the white man"

I appreciate that quote looks racist, but if you take it within the context of not wanting to live with the white man as defined by living under what was effectively apartheid in America at the time, and see that what he was opposed to was Uncle Tom tokenism regarding integration, then it probably makes more sense.
He did, unfortunately, attract a lot of somewhat shady Nation Of Islam types who tried to use him for political ends, but basically I have a fair degree of sympathy for his plight at the time, and admired his stance of refusing to go abroad to kill yellow folk he had no beef with whilst being treated as a second class citizen in his own country.
Although I was forgetting that this was Bluemoon, and therefore everyone famous is automatically a **** by default.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpfcq4pV5U[/youtube]

That's inexcusably racist

So is johnsonontheleft, but he's still here.
Ok, Ali is a racist **** - lets get the rope, although possibly not the pointy hoods.
As said previously, I think he was duped by folk with dubious causes, but was basically a righteous cat, as TMQ would say.

Damocles said:
I appreciate that quote looks racist, but if you take it within the context of not wanting to live with the white man as defined by living under what was effectively apartheid in America at the time, and see that what he was opposed to was Uncle Tom tokenism regarding integration, then it probably makes more sense.
He did, unfortunately, attract a lot of somewhat shady Nation Of Islam types who tried to use him for political ends, but basically I have a fair degree of sympathy for his plight at the time, and admired his stance of refusing to go abroad to kill yellow folk he had no beef with whilst being treated as a second class citizen in his own country.
Although I was forgetting that this was Bluemoon, and therefore everyone famous is automatically a **** by default.

Ok, Ali is a racist **** - lets get the rope, although possibly not the pointy hoods.
As said previously, I think he was duped by folk with dubious causes, but was basically a righteous cat, as TMQ would say.
I think he was well-intentioned but far from the sharpest spoon in the drawer, you're also not looking at that in the context and time in which he said it Damocles, this was America round the time of the Los Angeles riots of 1965 (Watts) and the Chicago Riots of 1968 (Martin Luther King)

aguero93:20 said:
Damocles said:

I think he was well-intentioned but far from the sharpest spoon in the drawer, you're also not looking at that in the context and time in which he said it Damocles, this was America round the time of the Los Angeles riots of 1965 (Rodney King) and the Chicago Riots of 1968 (Martin Luther King)

Huh? Rodney King was the early 90s wasnt it?!

Damocles said:

I think he was well-intentioned but far from the sharpest spoon in the drawer, you're also not looking at that in the context and time in which he said it Damocles, this was America round the time of the Los Angeles riots of 1965 (Rodney King) and the Chicago Riots of 1968 (Martin Luther King)

Rodney King was long after that mate

bluemc1 said:

Hah sorry the Watts riots, I got them mixed up they were both in Los Angeles!

bluemc1 said:

wasnt being a twat i know what you were trying to say

bluemc1 said:

Dem black folks just can't stop a lootin' an' a shootin'.
It's a good job that the LAPD are always on hand to 'serve, protect and break a ******'s neck', as Public Enemy pointed out.
Most folk fighting oppression and injustice sometimes say or do daft things - Ali was no exception.

I don't think he's a racist because he's black but because he is echoing racially prejudiced views; no rope needed.

And the good intentioned folk who was duped isn't an argument we can have realistically, as it could apply to almost every person in history.

bluemc1 said:

Hmm, are you sure it wasn't because they all look the same!

Yeah, they all look a like.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:22 pm --<br /><br />
pinkwheeltrim said:
Hmm, are you sure it wasn't because they all look the same!

Dammit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.