Biggest sell-outs

• Thread starter dronefromsector7g
  • Start date
MCFC-alan88 said:
John Wayne, a conscientious objector who then went on to make numerous War films.

Dont be so unfair. Im a staunch homophobe and racist but have starred in many gay interracial gangbang films

How can anyone tell if a pop star or some other celeb has sold out?

They might have come out with all the guff about equality, fairness, revolution or whatever to appeal to gullible, idealistic youngsters so they buy their music/T shirts/ concert tickets etc, and never held those views in the first place.

They might have said them because they themselves were young at the time, and therefore just as likely as any young person to come out with that kind of thing only to grow out of it later when they get a bit older like everyone else does.

The way to avoid being disillusioned by celebs who allegedly sell out is not to buy into their messages in the first place, but to maintain a healthy scepticism.

CTID1988 said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
He was also a racist as well

Go on, I'll humour you awhile - just how was Muhammad Ali racist?

Come on, he was a bit racist " Integration is wrong. We don't want to live with the white man"

I appreciate that quote looks racist, but if you take it within the context of not wanting to live with the white man as defined by living under what was effectively apartheid in America at the time, and see that what he was opposed to was Uncle Tom tokenism regarding integration, then it probably makes more sense.
He did, unfortunately, attract a lot of somewhat shady Nation Of Islam types who tried to use him for political ends, but basically I have a fair degree of sympathy for his plight at the time, and admired his stance of refusing to go abroad to kill yellow folk he had no beef with whilst being treated as a second class citizen in his own country.
Although I was forgetting that this was Bluemoon, and therefore everyone famous is automatically a **** by default.

CTID1988 said:

Come on, he was a bit racist " Integration is wrong. We don't want to live with the white man"

I appreciate that quote looks racist, but if you take it within the context of not wanting to live with the white man as defined by living under what was effectively apartheid in America at the time, and see that what he was opposed to was Uncle Tom tokenism regarding integration, then it probably makes more sense.
He did, unfortunately, attract a lot of somewhat shady Nation Of Islam types who tried to use him for political ends, but basically I have a fair degree of sympathy for his plight at the time, and admired his stance of refusing to go abroad to kill yellow folk he had no beef with whilst being treated as a second class citizen in his own country.
Although I was forgetting that this was Bluemoon, and therefore everyone famous is automatically a **** by default.
More a black-rights reactivist who unfortunately listened to the likes of Malcolm X a little too much when if he'd been a bit more moderate he could have really furthered the equal rights causes, in no way was he racist as in KKK/Nazi/BNP Racist.

Probably already said but:

Lydon for country life
Iggy for insurance
John Clarke for chips (I forgave him the Sugar Puffs as that was surrealism at its finest)
Joe Hart for h&s
The Muppets for Subway - that sound you can hear is a headstone crashing to the floor as Jim Henson spins in his grave. Sesame Street was distributed to TV firms across the globe under the proviso no ads were shown during its transmission. For shame.

CTID1988 said:

What you say is exactly what I think as well but through no fault of his own really he was a bit racist. Im not saying he is now or had no reason not to be. I think Ali is a great man but he got mixed up with some racist people.<br /><br />-- 19 Mar 2014, 12:56 --<br /><br />
aguero93:20 said:
CTID1988 said:

More a black-rights reactivist who unfortunately listened to the likes of Malcolm X a little too much when if he'd been a bit more moderate he could have really furthered the equal rights causes, in no way was he racist as in KKK/Nazi/BNP Racist.
Well no because they are white supremacies groups and he is black ;)

CTID1988 said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpfcq4pV5U[/youtube]

That's inexcusably racist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.