Biggest tearjerking movie moment ever

scorer said:
niceblueice said:
The ending of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-bR1WBOttU[/youtube]

I've never heard so many people crying in a cinema before. The fact that things like this really happened, and that they were children, so naive and ignorant thinking they were being treated kindly by being given shelter and then being sent in to have a shower. And that moment where they hold hands during the confusion and screaming, and that final moment when the parents realised what has happened, the expression on the father's face and the mother's cry. Its such a heartbreaking film, i've yet to watch it and not cry!

One of the saddest momentson filmever.

When we went to see it and the filfinished, noone not one person raised from their seat. Total silence people watching the credits and obviously composing themselves.

Was a very moving film.

I have only read the book and thought it incredibly disappointing.

I'm sorry, because I can see how moving some would find the film (the ending of which I have just seen for the first time).

However, it still does nothing for me. I'm going to be honest here and say that I sill don't know why (as I can cry at any ending that is much less than that); it's just that it seems so false and the "real" stories are far more heartbreaking.

mackenzie said:
scorer said:
One of the saddest momentson filmever.

When we went to see it and the filfinished, noone not one person raised from their seat. Total silence people watching the credits and obviously composing themselves.

Was a very moving film.

I'm sorry, because I can see how moving some would find the film (the ending of which I have just seen for the first time).

However, it still does nothing for me. I'm going to be honest here and say that I sill don't know why (as I can cry at any ending that is much less than that); it's just that it seems so false and the "real" stories are far more heartbreaking.

We had read the book before seeing the film and for me the film was disappointing, that said the audience reaction was something I had never experienced in a theatre before.

scorer said:
mackenzie said:

We had read the book before seeing the film and for me the film was disappointing, that said the audience reaction was something I had never experienced in a theatre before.

In that case, would it be really unfair of me to suggest that they read more? Or at least read/understand the real stories?

I am probably being a prize woman, but I seriously can't understand why people are so moved by such a contrite story that is designed to play on the heartstrings. It's so false and contrived it makes my blood boil.

I understand that it portrays two boys on opposite sides of the fence (but even that "image" is really basic and poor) but its desperation to draw parallels is its weakness. It strives to be its strength........but it doesn't work at all, because facts don't even address such an idea. And the facts of history in this do not need weak substitutes.

I think someone has already mentioned it but the Killing Fields always gets me blubbing. The final scene when "Imagine" by John Lennon kicks in, not a dry eye in the house. Also in the same film when they are trying to get the Dith Pran smuggled out on a fake passport and they fail and the other jounos lay into Sydney saying he should have got him out earlier Dith turns on them and says "I know his heart, i love him like my brother and i would do anything for him. Anything!". Wwaawwwaaaawaaaaa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.