Binoculars

There is nothing wrong with Zoom binoculars if that's what you like/need. It's just most people don't need them. Everything being built to a price means other things will have to be cheaper, and a zoom arrangement itself compromises quality/optimisation. I've used them, and i do like them.

I went to buy my first binoculars after the death of my dad. He left a small amount of money (after the funeral costs etc). So rather than waste it (piss it up the wall), i decided to get something i would keep for life. ie something that wouldn't date and be useful.
I went to a shop in Rochdale (i think), and they had most things on display and ready to try out.
I don't think most people have ever tried a real high end pair of Binoculars. The difference in image quality is staggering. It quickly became obvious a Spotting scope would be the better option quality v money wise.
One thing that amazed me was some brands i thought would be the best just didn't have anywhere near the quality i thought they would have. Nikon and Olympus were very disappointing. Actually being able to swap instantly from one set to the other laid bare how some are trading on their name only.

My option came down to
Swarovski
Leica
Zeiss

I went for the Zeiss Spotting scope in the end with one fixed and one zoom eyepiece for flexibility.
Near perfect image, very bright and easy to use. The kids use it on holidays and for astronomy.
Downside? Costs a fucking fortune!

maxresdefault.jpg

Bushell H2O 10x42. Got them before Xmas for £90 down from £220 at Jessops. Just back from a safari and they were excellent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.