Birds as pets, (the winged type.......

Pigeonho said:
Shadz69 said:
Pigeonho said:
He has exercise, but so does my mrs' parrot. He has free-flight/hop of the house from 6 each night, but give him an apple and he'd prefer to munch on that instead. The way he wolf whistles, sings, talks etc suggests he's not suffering one little bit.

I believe you love and do your best for the bird but it is'nt right imo.My father has a huge avery at home and I still think it's cruel.What distances does a parrot cover in a day in the wild I wonder.
Wild parrots granted, these are bred for captivity though, it's all they know - they love it.

If you really believe that fair enough.

Shadz69 said:
Pigeonho said:
Shadz69 said:
Do you exercise your dog outdoors or is he in the house for his natural life.
He has exercise, but so does my mrs' parrot. He has free-flight/hop of the house from 6 each night, but give him an apple and he'd prefer to munch on that instead. The way he wolf whistles, sings, talks etc suggests he's not suffering one little bit.

I believe you love and do your best for the bird but it is'nt right imo.My father has a huge avery at home and I still think it's cruel.What distances does a parrot cover in a day in the wild I wonder.

And what are the chances a wild parrot has of becoming someone's breakfast, lunch or dinner?

BulgarianPride said:
Shadz69 said:
Pigeonho said:

And what are the chances a wild parrot has of becoming someone's breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Pretty high if i see the fucker tbh :p

Big commitment if you get one. Some can live upto 80years.

... and they stop talking if you move house or change the wallpaper.

BulgarianPride said:
Shadz69 said:
Pigeonho said:

I see where you are coming from,better to lock it up for it's entire life and never feel sunshine,wind,rain the whole of nature to keep it safe.

Shadz69 said:
BulgarianPride said:
Shadz69 said:

I see where you are coming from,better to lock it up for it's entire life and never feel sunshine,wind,rain the whole of nature to keep it safe.

Better than living in paranoid of being eaten every second of your live and unable to enjoy the other "good" things of the wild.

BulgarianPride said:
Shadz69 said:
BulgarianPride said:

Better than living in paranoid of being eaten every second of your live and unable to enjoy the other "good" things of the wild.

So now parrots in the wild suffer from paranoia and because of this they need to be locked up?

Shadz69 said:
BulgarianPride said:
Shadz69 said:

So now parrots in the wild suffer from paranoia and because of this they need to be locked up?

Ask them, and see what they say :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.