Birmingham City (H) - FA Cup R3 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised at the strength of that line up. Gutted for Sergio hope it’s nothing serious. Fairly favourable run of fixtures coming up in the league so hopefully he’ll get up to speed before the business end of the season.

It’s all about rhythm for most players. We could bench them then need them coming on and playing flat out for 30 minutes when it’s 1-1 and they increase their chances of injury, or play a very strong team from the start and coast to a 3-0 lead then make 5 subs. I know which I think is the best option. I’m delighted with this team. No body is good enough to disregard a cup by playing kids and getting knocked out (despite what Klopp thinks) If we hadn’t gone strong in the league cup last year we’d have won fuck all. It’s all about trophies :)

But last year he did play kids in the league cup. Doyle played against Southampton a couple of weeks after he turned 18 and Harwood-Bellis played against Preston when he was just 17. We also played Palmer against Burnley and Delap against Bournemouth this season.

Gabby and Phil won’t give them anytime on the ball. Just hope FFS doesn’t decide he’s the star player and ‘plays’ for the team.
Interesting to see KW at center back, thought HB would have been given a chance.
This is a relatively strong team and bench. No one can say that we’re not paying this competition and Birmingham City the respect they deserve, but I’m sure the media scum will spin it differently.

3–0

The stronger the team the easier the game, if he played a half and half side it makes it a harder game for the first team players .
Game management under Pep is well thought out and different from what we are used to.
If you saw dippers on Friday it's a good example of the above.

no matter what 11 pep picks its a strong line up and forget not respecting the FA cup or Birmingham that line would beat most teams in the premier league and europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.