Birmingham City Thread - 2023/24 | Rooney sacked after 15 games

Every ex rag player that went into management has been an abject failure, Rooney, Neville, Keane to name three. I must have missed a couple more

Every ex rag player that went into management has been an abject failure, Rooney, Neville, Keane to name three. I must have missed a couple more
If Gary Neville was an ‘abject failure’ at Valencia, then I’ll need to dig out my thesaurus to describe Ten Hag this season….comparing their records and with the relative amounts spent!

Most of Pep’s former players and apprentices go on to have a decent managerial career, unfortunately the same can't be said about those who worked under "Fergie" and that's because the final piece of the puzzle, the missing ingredient is something they just can't get their hands on - The brown envelopes at half time. You need years of "experience" to build that kind of managerial skill.

Last edited:
Most of Pep’s former players and apprentices go on to have a decent managerial career, unfortunately the same can't be said about those who worked under "Fergie" and that's because the final piece of the puzzle, the missing ingredient is something they just can't get their hands on - The brown envelopes at half time. You need years of "experience" to build that kind of managerial skill.
just being a bully was his special talent

Good shout, could also add Solskjaer, Gary (mentioned already) and phil, scholes ( Oldham Athletic for 1 month I think)...

Csrrick, Ince, Bruce, Charlton, both Nevilles. But to give a shred of credit they have dipped their toe in the shark-infested managerial waters. There's a legion of ex-Rags, the RDAHMeedya go-tos who haven't and yet spend most of their broadcasting time telling everyone else what was wrong with a team's performance. And often sneering at any win we accomplish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.