bishops blaize...woonys goal

Pam said:
Have we all written our admiring poems about the shin wonder goal?
Pam, tut! It's securely the business of sound men to describe circus tricks (that just come off) in terms even more glowing than the performing seal itself: it shows both their magnanimity and humility (they tell us 'tis so; so 'tis).

LoveCity said:
If I ever found a young foreign fan who supported a team like Villa, Blackburn, or Wolves I'd go and shake his hand for having the guts to support a team based on some deeper connection than latching on to glory (or the potential of). These glory-hunting fans really make me laugh, they are as plastic as the club they support.

How'd you know there isnt? could have family in china town, some could of studied hear, I bet city would be beaming that on the website, and giving it a heart in the city, lets not be hypocrites.

LoveCity said:
If I ever found a young foreign fan who supported a team like Villa, Blackburn, or Wolves I'd go and shake his hand for having the guts to support a team based on some deeper connection than latching on to glory (or the potential of). These glory-hunting fans really make me laugh, they are as plastic as the club they support.
BUt we've got some, and will gain more. We aren't a plastic club. It's not a clubs fault which fans it attracts. Human nature is to go with where the success is, if something like a football club is neutral to you. Its different for us because we have either been forced to go to Maine Road/CoMS or have chosen it for whatever other reason. Make no mistake though, we will obtain a good percentage of plastic fans, following us because of the trophy haul which is nigh.

LoveCity said:

Funny you say that, I recently befriended someone who is a Wolves fan, says he got turned on to them via an exchange student from Wolves. A good friend of mine is a Fulham fan, via his sister who happened to married someone from west London and now lives there.

I'm just a City fan because I love Manchester but hate United. Oh and Ian Bishop too, cos he used to play for Miami Fusion...

went in to a chinese on sat night after the game still had my city shirt on, waiter( chinese guy) said "did u still have a good time though" so i was like well u cant dispute the goal really, it was a good one, and he replied " yeah i thought you was gonna have US in the first half"
i nearly laghed in his face. up the chinese plastics!!!!

I got in a taxi yesterday and this fucking clown starts blabbing about my City shirt,so i just tell him it's the shirt of the real Manchester team,didn't have much to say after that.A little while later i went for a bite to eat in town,and some silly old tart is blabbing about Summerbee,looking at her i just knew she'd probably never been near the swamp in her life.

They truly are muppets in this town,quite embarrassing really.

You mock, but that's the reason why they are the club they are. Without the fan base overseas they'd be skint. Rooney's goal will be worth millions in DVD and replica photo sales. Can you even begin to think of how many framed pictures of the split frame variety with Rooney on the left executing the overhead kick, and then the right hand picture of his celebration? Yep, worth a fucking fortune to them.

As for all foreign fans being Rags, well they're bound to be. I bet most Brit NBA fans are of the Lakers variety, most NFL fans will probably follow the big franchise teams, and the same with baseball. It's just how things are. You'll find a lot of the older fans in the far east will have been Liverpool fans, but I would bet they've changed affiliation over the last 15-20 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.