Bit of a bad day?....

Left Peg said:
city-till-i-cry said:
Well -

9.26 Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has reiterated Manchester City target Joleon Lescott is not for sale.

Not to happy about that. Why havent we done the Jo loan deal as part of a bid for Lescott, would of increased our chances of signing him a lot.

7.12 Reports in most of the morning newspapers claim Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor is stalling on a move to Manchester City. He has been granted a work permit, but is apparently waiting to see if any other clubs show an interest. Will it be a long wait?

Top player that I rate big time, Would he be much use though if he doesn't want to be there????

Chelsea captain John Terry has joined the club for the pre-season tour of the USA - but Joe Cole misses out following knee surgery.

There has been intense speculation in recent days about Terry's future after Mark Hughes confirmed he had made an offer to take the defender to Manchester City, but Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon again stressed on Wednesday that the player is not for sale.

And, despite reports suggesting City will continue to work on a deal for the player, Chelsea have now confirmed that Terry will join up with the rest of the squad for the four-match pre-seasan tour

It has been said that if he wasnt on the plane it would be a hugh indication he was on his way out of Chelsea.

What do you think?-
All deals not dead but no good progress on them today :(

I agree, not the best day for news, but after the euphoria of Tevez, it was always gonna feel a bit flat.

Personally I think Ade will still go through, but I'm thinking no for Terry and Lescott.

not ONE WORD of concrete proof that we,re not getting any of them ,though.....so why,si it such a bad day?????......

it may be a bit of a bad (id say slow) day but at presant we definetly have this team below on our books? its not all bad.....

----------------------------Given--------------------------

Zab -----------------Ned------------Kompany-------------Bridge

-----------------------------De Jong---------------------------

-------------------- Superman-----------Barry------------------

----------Tevez--------------- RSC----------------Robbie-------

At the press conference in Abu Dhabi, Hughes was questionned about Adebayor and other potential signing and he said...

"We are talking to some players...and are looking to make sure the balance of the team is correct," Hughes said. "We do recognise the need to strengthen in certain areas."

Now that to me shows, Adebayor isn't the only player we are in advanced talks with!!! Good news!!

Neil McNab's Tash said:
C_T_I_D said:
ell said:
Kenwright couldnt refuse and over the top offer

Would £20,000,000 be classed as such?

As Everton are so desperate for cash we will need to pay even more, there will be a sell on clause tagged on to it by Wolves.

I think £25M he's ours, they cannot afford to miss out on money like that.
If Everton are so desperate for cash then why would that mean we'd have to pay more? Surely, if they are incapable of strengthening their side without an influx of money then tehy should accept a lower amount as, without it, they've got no chance of adding other players?

I'm sorry, but this is a fucking stupid thread!

Bad day? Fookin hell, how long have you been supporting this basket case of a football club?

Getting relegated to the 3rd tier of english football at Stoke despite battering them & playing them off the park - that was a bad day!

Alan fucking Ball getting us relegated by urging the players to keep hold of the ball in the corner when we needed to score - that was a fucking bad day!

Getting rejected by one of the worlds best players? Fucking hell, that was one of the best days I can remember as a city fan, purely because we were spoken about in the same sentence as such a talent!

Adebayor asking for more time, Bill Kenwright protecting his clubs image & John Terry getting on an aeroplane? God forbid the barren times ever return at City; I think some people on this site would be jumping to their deaths!!!

vonksbignose said:
I'm sorry, but this is a fucking stupid thread!

Bad day? Fookin hell, how long have you been supporting this basket case of a football club?

Getting relegated to the 3rd tier of english football at Stoke despite battering them & playing them off the park - that was a bad day!

Alan fucking Ball getting us relegated by urging the players to keep hold of the ball in the corner when we needed to score - that was a fucking bad day!

Getting rejected by one of the worlds best players? Fucking hell, that was one of the best days I can remember as a city fan, purely because we were spoken about in the same sentence as such a talent!

Adebayor asking for more time, Bill Kenwright protecting his clubs image & John Terry getting on an aeroplane? God forbid the barren times ever return at City; I think some people on this site would be jumping to their deaths!!!

Great post mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.