Bit of a bad day?....

vonksbignose said:
I'm sorry, but this is a fucking stupid thread!

Bad day? Fookin hell, how long have you been supporting this basket case of a football club?

Getting relegated to the 3rd tier of english football at Stoke despite battering them & playing them off the park - that was a bad day!

Sorry to go off-topic a bit and hopefully this question isn't too stupid... Keep in mind I'm Norwegian and "only" 27 years old but I have supported Man City all my life...
How much or a rivalry is there between Man City and Stoke? I seem to remember being a kid and whenever we played Stoke tackles were just vicious.
Again sorry for a silly question :(

We have the stadium
We have the fans
We have all the money in the world
We have big ambitions
We have professionals running the club
We have royalty owning the club
and now we have the players
If the Adebayors and Eto'os want to play silly buggers after also being offered lucrative deals - then that is their loss - We move on.

GaudinoMotors said:
We have the stadium
We have the fans
We have all the money in the world
We have big ambitions
We have professionals running the club
We have royalty owning the club
and now we have the players
If the Adebayors and Eto'os want to play silly buggers after also being offered lucrative deals - then that is their loss - We move on.

Haha!

I've just spotted your user name!

Like it!

:-)

City fans i think your bad days are behind you forever,so what if ye dont get all your targets straight away,you new owners and Hughes are no fools which some would like you'se to believe.Things take time,but im sure you will be seeing silverware sooner rather then later.YNWA

vonksbignose said:

Bad day? Fookin hell, how long have you been supporting this basket case of a football club?

Getting relegated to the 3rd tier of english football at Stoke despite battering them & playing them off the park - that was a bad day!

Alan fucking Ball getting us relegated by urging the players to keep hold of the ball in the corner when we needed to score - that was a fucking bad day!

Getting rejected by one of the worlds best players? Fucking hell, that was one of the best days I can remember as a city fan, purely because we were spoken about in the same sentence as such a talent!

Adebayor asking for more time, Bill Kenwright protecting his clubs image & John Terry getting on an aeroplane? God forbid the barren times ever return at City; I think some people on this site would be jumping to their deaths!!!

Only two days ago, I would be posting "great post", and agreeing heavily.

Today though, I seem to have changed my opinion, maybe it my rag friend last night finally accepting that City are a threat for the first time in his natural. We need to think bigger, we need to think like winners.

Yes, back then, all those you mentioned were bad days. Today, they are the past.
Right now, a bad day would be completely different, as we are a completely different club. We aren't the bottom feeders, the pathetic laughable losers anymore. We are now a club that people look at as a future force in world football. We are gaining respect, we are gaining hatred.

We slate the bindippers for living in the past, we slate journalists who talk about 'history' and we say that history isn't important. Then, in the next breath, we compare ourselves to the City of ten years ago.

Robinho once mentioned that there is a losing attitude at City, one that prevailed throughout the club, and throughout the fans. This is what I imagine he was referring to. This thought that we are not on the same level as the teams around us in the league, that somehow, we are inferior to the top four and we need to recall our defeats time and time again.

There has been an overwhelming number of fans who have now become arrogant, and foolish. This isn't what I am advocating. We should never forget the past, but we should also not let it rule us as a culture.

The future is ours, as fans we need to embrace this without becoming delusional. Cook and Al-Mubarak have previously said that the aim is the top six this year. This is a realistic goal, and one we should embrace as a step on the ladder to the eventual heights that we will ascend to. If we do better than this, celebrate. If we do worse, then ask questions. If we hit this as a target, then it's another vertical movement.

Those who are half-expecting City to fail, are entitled to their opinion as it was forged through the heartache of 34 years of bad management, bad tactics and bad players. If you see something happen every year, for 34 years, you would expect it in the 35th. I only ask that you judge the squad off of it's current merits, and not the history of it.

Blue Indian said:
At the press conference in Abu Dhabi, Hughes was questionned about Adebayor and other potential signing and he said...

"We are talking to some players...and are looking to make sure the balance of the team is correct," Hughes said. "We do recognise the need to strengthen in certain areas."

Now that to me shows, Adebayor isn't the only player we are in advanced talks with!!! Good news!!

well if this is true then you can rule out terry and lescott as they have refused us our bids,it must be from clubs that have agreed to sell and not yet in the papers.

so i think i now rule out terry and lescott.

Dont worry, Terry is just a smokescreen, were really signing cashley cole, he didnt get on the plane you know.... ;)

Damocles said:
vonksbignose said:

Alan fucking Ball getting us relegated by urging the players to keep hold of the ball in the corner when we needed to score - that was a fucking bad day!

Getting rejected by one of the worlds best players? Fucking hell, that was one of the best days I can remember as a city fan, purely because we were spoken about in the same sentence as such a talent!

Adebayor asking for more time, Bill Kenwright protecting his clubs image & John Terry getting on an aeroplane? God forbid the barren times ever return at City; I think some people on this site would be jumping to their deaths!!!

Only two days ago, I would be posting "great post", and agreeing heavily.

Today though, I seem to have changed my opinion, maybe it my rag friend last night finally accepting that City are a threat for the first time in his natural. We need to think bigger, we need to think like winners.

Yes, back then, all those you mentioned were bad days. Today, they are the past.
Right now, a bad day would be completely different, as we are a completely different club. We aren't the bottom feeders, the pathetic laughable losers anymore. We are now a club that people look at as a future force in world football. We are gaining respect, we are gaining hatred.

We slate the bindippers for living in the past, we slate journalists who talk about 'history' and we say that history isn't important. Then, in the next breath, we compare ourselves to the City of ten years ago.

Robinho once mentioned that there is a losing attitude at City, one that prevailed throughout the club, and throughout the fans. This is what I imagine he was referring to. This thought that we are not on the same level as the teams around us in the league, that somehow, we are inferior to the top four and we need to recall our defeats time and time again.

There has been an overwhelming number of fans who have now become arrogant, and foolish. This isn't what I am advocating. We should never forget the past, but we should also not let it rule us as a culture.

The future is ours, as fans we need to embrace this without becoming delusional. Cook and Al-Mubarak have previously said that the aim is the top six this year. This is a realistic goal, and one we should embrace as a step on the ladder to the eventual heights that we will ascend to. If we do better than this, celebrate. If we do worse, then ask questions. If we hit this as a target, then it's another vertical movement.

Those who are half-expecting City to fail, are entitled to their opinion as it was forged through the heartache of 34 years of bad management, bad tactics and bad players. If you see something happen every year, for 34 years, you would expect it in the 35th. I only ask that you judge the squad off of it's current merits, and not the history of it.

Spot on. Keegan tried to instill this sort of mentality, but he himself wasn't up to it. the current board & manager are in my opinion. A winning mentality properly implemented with the resources at our disposal will make us an unstoppable force. everyone else knows it. Just listen to the Arsenal & chelsea fans on talkshite. They are crapping themselves. We are the future & need to drop our expectations of failure. No more 'typical city'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.