Bitter Much?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
All I will say in Spurs fans slight defence is that their club was not part of this 'Big 4' conspiracy

Not really true, the prime movers in the original formation of the Premier League were Rags, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and Spurs. I think that's one reason why the fans of the last two clubs are so bitter as they didn't really benefit that much as the other three clubs dominated until Abramovitch pushed Chelsea in to make it a "Big 4".

21whae.gif

295zsl5.gif

kinkysdribble said:
this southern knobhead says we're a team of mercenaries who threaten their champions league status, then goes on to say that if/when they fail to make the CL next year their better players (Bale,Modric and Van der Vart) will move on to pastures new. Hardly the definition of loyal diehard players. The cockernee clown also says we're a threat to their CL status, Jesus they make the champions league One year and they think it's a God given right that they should make it every year. Anyway bollocks to all the haters, onwards and very much upwards CTID!
The best one I like is that they actually believe they have generated all the money they've spent in recent years, this, despite the fact it's a well known fact Joe Lewis has funded them.

lancs blue said:
All I will say in Spurs fans slight defence is that their club was not part of this 'Big 4' conspiracy

Not really true, the prime movers in the original formation of the Premier League were Rags, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and Spurs. I think that's one reason why the fans of the last two clubs are so bitter as they didn't really benefit that much as the other three clubs dominated until Abramovitch pushed Chelsea in to make it a "Big 4".

Also, correct me if I am wrong, weren't Spurs the 1st club to turn PLC in the mid 80's under the chairmanship of Irving Scholar?

One of the things that's really pissed Spurs fans off is the assumption by virtually everyone that they are only keeping their champs league place warm for us.

Phill said:
lancs blue said:

Also, correct me if I am wrong, weren't Spurs the 1st club to turn PLC in the mid 80's under the chairmanship of Irving Scholar?

Yes that's right.

lancs blue said:

That's five clubs so by your own reckoning they can't be part of a gang of four then can they?

I was not referring to the formation of the Premier League which was, as I recall, endorsed unanimously by all 22 former members of Division One (including City)- a 'big 22' if you will

I was referring to the situation with regards to the Champions League and the money that flows from it. The reference to the same teams finishing in the top four each year should have assisted you in realising that

No SPUDS have never tried to buy success have they ? :-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mehstg.com/transfers.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mehstg.com/transfers.htm</a>

I'd be a bit disappointed if Spurs' halfwits didn't hate us at least half of as much as I/hate them.

stony said:
One of the things that's really pissed Spurs fans off is the assumption by virtually everyone that they are only keeping their champs league place warm for us.

That's more arrogance on the part of the 'big three' and their media luvvies though, nothing to do with us. The idea that it's unthinkable that both of us could actually finish in the top four and leave one of them out in the cold for a year. It could happen too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.