Bitter Much?

ManCitizens. said:
Damocles said:
Interesting statistic:

Juande Ramos was at Spurs for one year. During this time, he spent £135m and was sacked whilst in the relegation zone.

Roberto Mancini has been manager for over a year, and has spent £134m, with his team currently second in the league.

Any chance you have or link or anything regarding Spurs transfers etc

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier ... sfers.html</a>

Phill said:
oakiecokie said:
Fuck me,they`re even bitter than bitters.Look at this one :

I just want to get one thing straight. This is the best spurs team I have seen in my lifetime. It's better than the 91 side, marginally better than David pleats side in 86/87 with hoddle, waddle, ardiles, etc. It is an absolute joy to go down the lane. But you know what chaps I have a bad feeling that when all said and done we will probably finish 5th and that will mean no champions league football next season and the likes of Modric, Bale, and VDV will probably leave the club and we will be back to square 1. Sadly modern day football is all about the champions league. Which is wrong IMO but it's just the way it is. But what really grates me is that we will probably miss out to a club with no pedigree , a club that has won nothing in34 years, a club full of mercenaries, a club that let's be honest have CHEATED there way towards the top end of the league. Spurs a club that has built a team the right way over the last 5 years will probably be shafted by an Arab owned tin pot northern club. I hate everything about city!!!

Cheated?? Can you explain how we cheated?
Portsmouth cheated their way to the cup final by buying players when clearly they did not have the money. City have the money and have bought players in an open market. So how exactly have we cheated? Have we done anything that Blackburn didnt do? Chelsea?
And when it comes to cheating, how far do you want to go back?
In the 70's the so called big clubs voted to keep all the gate money from home games rather than share the money. As a result, the rich got richer and the poor got poorer.
Then the rich voted to break away from the Football League and formed the Premier League to get more richer (and more successful). Then the richer voted to expand the European cup to allow more of their own into the club and did away with knockout rounds (cant have the big boys going out in the first round, lets make group stages so guarenteed 3 games at home, more money, more richer - oh, and if you come 3rd in the group we will parachute you into the UEFA cup, more money, more richer and more successful)
And so the top 4 milked the Champions League year in year out - the same four clubs (except one year we had 5 when Everton got there too!) who simply got richer and richer earning the money to keep them in the top 4.
This is what I call cheating. By engineering the game to suit their financial needs at the expense of other clubs (hey, we'll even let them miss out the 2nd round of the League Cup, to help them out as they are busy in Europe...)

And so City come along with a new kind of money. One that isn't accumulated by the rigged system that the other 4 clubs have rigged to their advantage over the past 15 years.... and this new money threatens the financial existence of at least one of the big 4 who all have to be in the top 4 to survive. Naturally the big 4 dont like it. Well TOUGH Shit.

The money is there, being spent and used wisely. No rules have been broken. Deal with it, get used to it and get over yourself.

This ^^^^^

All I will say in Spurs fans slight defence is that their club was not part of this 'Big 4' conspiracy

What really fucks me off is fans of Manure, and the Dippers complaining about our 'cheating' when they have been the ones cheating for years

None of them can ever give a response as to why the same four teams finished in the top four every year other than by virtue of the fact that they rigged it to ensure that no-one else had the financial muscle to compete to enable them to break their self-perpetuating cartel

In the world series 48% of a each franchise's income is pooled centrally and divided equally amongst the other franchises.Whilst I am not neccessarily advocating this system it is all too telling that none of the above (including Spurs fans) are suggesting income sharing to avoid the 'cheating' they claim to abhor. Only when they do, have they got any right to lecture anyone else about how unfair modern football is

It may not be recent, or as large, but I like our "pedigree" just fine. For that matter, since when has pedigree EVER mattered in sports. That's just a word thrown around by people at the top who want to keep the people below them(or who they perceive as below them) down.

Manchester City FC:

League

* Football League First Division (first tier)[76][77]
o Winners (2): 1936–37, 1967–68
o Runners-up (3): 1903–04, 1920–21, 1976–77

* Football League Second Division / Football League First Division (second tier)
o Winners (7, record): 1898–99, 1902–03, 1909–10, 1927–28, 1946–47, 1965–66, 2001–02
o Runners-up (4): 1895–96, 1950–51, 1936–37, 1999–2000

* Football League Third Division / Football League Second Division (third tier)
o Play-off winners: 1998–99

Cup

* FA Cup
o Winners (4): 1904, 1934, 1956, 1969
o Runners-up (4): 1926, 1933, 1955, 1981

* League Cup
o Winners (2): 1970, 1976
o Runners-up (1): 1974

* Charity Shield
o Winners (3): 1937, 1968, 1972.
o Runners-up (4): 1934, 1956, 1969, 1973.

* Full Members Cup
o Runners-up (1): 1986

European

* European Cup Winners' Cup
o Winners (1): 1970

Tottenham Hotspur FC:

League
Football League First Division (champions) 2 1950–51, 1960–61
Football League First Division (runners-up) 4 1921–22, 1951–52, 1956–57, 1962–63
Football League Second Division (champions) 2 1919–20, 1949–50
Football League Second Division (runners-up) 2 1908–09, 1932–33
Southern League (champions) 1 1899–1900
Western League (champions) 1 1903–04
Domestic cups
FA Cup (winners) 8 1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991
FA Cup (runners-up) 1 1987
League Cup (winners) 4 1971, 1973, 1999, 2008
League Cup (runners-up) 3 1982, 2002, 2009
FA Charity Shield (winners) 7 (3 shared) 1921, 1951, 1961, 1962, (1967, 1981, 1991)
FA Charity Shield (runners-up) 2 1920, 1982
European cups
UEFA Cup (winners) 2 1972 (inaugural winners), 1984
UEFA Cup (runners-up) 1 1974
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (winners) 1 1963
Anglo-Italian League Cup (winners) 1 1970–71

I'd also like to add as we were technically formed in 1880 and the spurs in '82 I don't really like these uppity newcomers thinking they can win our trophies and titles etc when they don't have the history or time in existence we have! ;)

Cor blimey guv'nor! Those Norrvuuurrn munkeees might pip are diamond geeeezzeeerrs to da Prem title. Dey won't like dat daaarrrnn the Laaaayynnne.

I HATE SPURS! Always have. Born in 68, too young to remember Dennis Tueart in 76 really. My first real memories are of Spurs in 81. Spent millions every year being a hit and miss cup team. Always rolled over for the Rags! Never beat a so called big four team in yonks.

Then.... add in 'Arry Redknapp' as manager. Spent his entire time at Pompey knackering that club up and enticing away the likes of Berkovic, Distin and James for an extra grand a week and a few dolly mixtures. I would expand on my hatred but it is libellous.

Hate the club, hate the manager, hate the fans.

In fact I have asked myself on numerous occassions since Redknapps appointment at Spurs whether I hate them more than the Rags. The answer is very disconcerting.

However, (light and shade in all posts!) Jamie Redknapp is usually quite positive about us in interviews and print, and I wouldn't kick Louise out of bed to get to Cheryl Cole.

this southern knobhead says we're a team of mercenaries who threaten their champions league status, then goes on to say that if/when they fail to make the CL next year their better players (Bale,Modric and Van der Vart) will move on to pastures new. Hardly the definition of loyal diehard players. The cockernee clown also says we're a threat to their CL status, Jesus they make the champions league One year and they think it's a God given right that they should make it every year. Anyway bollocks to all the haters, onwards and very much upwards CTID!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.