Bizarre City Transfers Of The 1980's

Bill Williams from Stockport County for I think £250k.
We sold him back to County a month or so later for £100k

bobby shinton from wrexham, a shit player whose only claim to fame was that he was the ugliest player ever to wear the shirt (yes, even uglier than alan harper). he managed all of 5 appearances before being shown the door.

selling clive wilson to chelsea for 250k, but allowed to keep him for the remainder of the season showed how skint we were.

excellent player was clive wilson

yeh i used to like him alot 2,remember that goal he scored against the red dippers,they hit the post and bar fook knows how many times and we snatched it through a goal of good old Clive,now that game was day light robbery,,lol

superblue91 said:
yeh i used to like him alot 2,remember that goal he scored against the red dippers,they hit the post and bar fook knows how many times and we snatched it through a goal of good old Clive,now that game was day light robbery,,lol

boxing day 85, it was the only time we went in their half.

feed the scousers, let them know its christmas time

Pretty much anyone Big Mal signed and sold.
We let Tommy Hutchison go far too early, was still a class act for many years afterwards.
The sale of Trevor Francis at a loss when he was the best striker of his type in the country.
Peter fucking Bodak, one of the all time worst to wear the shirt. A free transfer from the rags and we still got ripped off.
The sale of Paul Moulden for peanuts.
The way we kept giving Oldham top class lads like Earl Barrett, Paul Warhurst for nothing, only for Joe Royle to sell them on for fortunes.

fathellensbellend said:
superblue91 said:

boxing day 85, it was the only time we went in their half.

feed the scousers, let them know its christmas time

yeh would be about then,,funny as fuck that game,,was about 85 min aswell wanit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.