Bizarre City Transfers Of The 1980's

Barry Silkman from Plymouth now a top agent & a bit of a knob from what I have seen all be it a rich one.Think he was 80's maybe late 70's

Colin_Bell said:
We had some bizarre transfers in the 80's and some dark times for the club and this is one the first that springs to mind:

David Phillips to Coventry in a swap deal for goalkeeper Perry Suckling after promotion in 1985 !!
Phillips left the season after,can remember him scoring the winner v Southampton(Shilton in net)in the North stand

Justin Fahanu remember the night he signed he just came and sat next to us in the Maine Stand half way through the game.
images

Perry Suckling Goalkeeper he used to keep a Bible in the back of his net for good luck Didn't Work
images

Martin O 'Neill
Cost 275K from Norwich at the start of the season
A few unispiring games later we sold him back to Norwich in the new year for just £125K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about some of the jocks that Billy McNeil brought in! Gordon Deizel (not spelt right I know) there were a few others who were that crap I cant remember them, Melrose and Tolmie was ok (his posts arent bad either). Derek Parlane looked quailty shame best years were behind him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.