Bizarre City Transfers Of The 1980's

Asa's left peg said:
What about some of the jocks that Billy McNeil brought in! Gordon Deizel (not spelt right I know) there were a few others who were that crap I cant remember them, Melrose and Tolmie was ok (his posts arent bad either). Derek Parlane looked quailty shame best years were behind him.
Duncan Davidson was another. Beer gut like a pub team player. Remember he scored a late winner at Maine Road, possibly against Swansea, where his shot hit the post, bounced out, hit the back of the keeper's head and in. And he was never seen or heard of again.

There will be alot of these! Off top of my head:

Nigel Johnson. I think we paid a decent fee for him.

Trevor Christie.

Selling Dave Bennett for next to nothing.

How about Steve Daly

i know it was 79 but played for us (mostly reserves) in the 80,s

didnt we pay a record then flogged him off a year and a bit later to the yanks for fuck all

Graham Baker ..we got him from Southampton , I was on a coach on the way back from the dell ,and Baker was been interviewed by the local red rose radio and they were welcolming him back, saying a deal at about 125k had been done , it did nt hapen for whatever reason and he went there on a free in May.

In terms of buying there are simply too many to mention.

Selling was the major problem for us and it started in the late 70's.

Selling all of these players in my opinion was a mistake.

Dave Watson
Gary Owen
Peter Barnes
Tommy Caton
Nicky Reid
Paul Power
Trevor francis
Steve McKenzie
Clive Wilson
Ian Bishop
Paul Stewart

LongsightM13 said:
Asa's left peg said:
What about some of the jocks that Billy McNeil brought in! Gordon Deizel (not spelt right I know) there were a few others who were that crap I cant remember them, Melrose and Tolmie was ok (his posts arent bad either). Derek Parlane looked quailty shame best years were behind him.
Duncan Davidson was another. Beer gut like a pub team player. Remember he scored a late winner at Maine Road, possibly against Swansea, where his shot hit the post, bounced out, hit the back of the keeper's head and in. And he was never seen or heard of again.
Graeme Sinclair,absolutely w##k

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
In terms of buying there are simply too many to mention.

Selling was the major problem for us and it started in the late 70's.

Selling all of these players in my opinion was a mistake.

Dave Watson
Gary Owen
Peter Barnes
Tommy Caton
Nicky Reid
Paul Power
Trevor francis
Steve McKenzie
Clive Wilson
Ian Bishop
Paul Stewart

Wouldn`t argue with a single one of them mate, especially gutted when Nicky Reid went.

Asa`s left peg, it was Gordon Dalziel lol and you`re right he was fookin awful along with Gordon Smith, far far worse than Frontzeck and Charvet imho.

Ricky Holden - can't imagine us buying too many players from Oldham anymore. He wasn't a bad crosser but had no pace. I remember a game against Bristol Rovers away and he just couldn't get get passed their full-back but with 10 minutes left he eventually managed to beat and get a cross over - the City fans started to cheer like we'd scored a goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.