Black screen with cursor

4-5 years, use my iPad mainly now.
Probably new laptop time then, although I've a 16gb work laptop that occasionally does the same thing presenting onto a big screen, that command sorts it though.

I read up on a Microsoft site and there was a list of users in the USA and other places who had the same problem. They had connected a Windows 10 machine to an additional monitor and had resulted in black screen with cursor. Their solution was too complicated for me, loading a set up prog from another machine into a stick, connecting the stick to problem laptop, then when prob laptop starts up, break in and use stick. Or something like that with better terminology.
Thinking of going to PC world and paying £50

The funny thing is I would then want to load Kodi. I hope it does not take me half a day next time.

If you're turning it on and you are not getting a windows logo then it's not a driver problem because nothing has booted up(RAM is the most likely cause or another hardware fault), if you are getting a windows logo then getting a black screen try F8 repeatedly when it turns on to get the advanced startup menu/boot options menu up and try safe mode, then last known working config(then try startup repair, system restore etc).

Last edited:
Sounds like a definite hardware problem creddo, if you are not confident mucking around with the ram then I'd take it to a local repair shop :)

Eureka!
Decided to leave the old laptop alone and not use it. Black screen, frozen cursor became just a black screen. Then Saturday I switched the laptop on, after not using it for 5 weeks, it loaded perfectly, and kodi etc is running.
It's a funny old world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.