Blackberry Playbook

Can someone tell me (being ignorant about these things) what the point of some of these "apps" is? As I understand it, on a tablet, you can access and use the web just the same as a computer. If thats the case what is the purpose of stuff like the "you tube app" or "bbc iplayer app" when you can just access those things via the web anyway?
Ta.

I have got two in the household and loads of my friends bought them too. All very happy.

Great for playing movies and listening to music, great for browsing too. There isn't as many apps yet as other tablets but things are looking up.

Apps range from games, kids games, educational games, weather programs, accounting programs, all that sort of bollocks. It also opens .xls and .doc files as well

I've owned many bloody compueters and consoles over the years from spectrums, Amigas, psx's, n64's, psp's, ds' and many laptops and desktops but the playbook is up there for me. It's handy and a great size

@ phoenix, you can do that via the web, it's meant to make it more handy. I use the web, I don't see the point of apps like that. Waste of time on phones and tablets

You can 'side-load' android apps without having to hack the devices hardware or software if you don't mind messing around a bit.

de niro said:
my kids are getting me a nexus. all round better item.

a good deal though is the galaxy tab 7" in dixon £158.

Id get the Galaxy, I can put a 32GB SD card in mine, not sure you can in the nexus, so if you want to watch things like downloaded movies and store more stuff its worthwhile.

I was unhappy with the Blackberry, it seemed slow and not big on apps as has been said..

I have had a Playbook and it was fine for watching films, internet and so on but the apps killed it for me so I sold it.

I now have a Nexus 7 and I love it, super quick, great screen and thousands of apps. Perfect size also like the Playbook.

I am going to move to a Nexus 10 soon though purely because I want a bigger screen for in the house etc.

If you can I would go Nexus 32gb and you can even do it a bit of modifying and plug in external hard drives, memory sticks and so on for more space.

When I go on the train for example I have my Nexus and a 32gb memory stick loaded up and just sift through my TV shows etc.

i wouldn't waste your money on a playbook,they are closed source,meaning they don't have access to android market,meaning you wont get the best apps.Also worth remembering they have no expansion card slot,meaning they are virtually useless as a traveling companion,they are also heavy and cumbersome.In a nutshell yesterdays tablet.

not all tablets are compatible with a persons lifestyle.It is worth remembering that when you consider buying one.

For instance an i pad is a nice bit of kit,but it is closed source,meaning you cant just transfer your own music files and avi files on to the device.Everything has to go through Apple,hence why some call them crapple.

Same with the Kindle Fire,nice tablet with HD screen,heavily discounted because they hope to recuperate the loss through flogging you their movies,books and music on to the pad.Difficult to add your own music and movie files unless your a bit tech savvy.

most people buy these sorts of pads and are disappointed that it is a ball ache to do the things they actually bought it for.People just presume it is simple to bang all your movies and cd collection on.Doesn't work like that these named tablets make money long term.

most people want a pad not to replace their laptop,but as a traveling partner to put all their movies and cds on,maybe read an e book,and connect to a wi fi hot-spot when traveling and nothing more.Makes sense to buy an open source tablet meaning that it will play and recognize all AVI formats and music formats,also one with a micro sd slot up to 32gigs.meaning you can buy as many 32 gig cards as you want and use them in the tablet,also a HD display,

the best value tablets are the lower budget ones. i have 2 of these in my family and use them for traveling abroad,good price and kids love them so easy to use.http://www.amazon.co.uk/TABTRONICS-...6UE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355890012&sr=8-1

thedogsbollocks said:
i wouldn't waste your money on a playbook,they are closed source,meaning they don't have access to android market,meaning you wont get the best apps.Also worth remembering they have no expansion card slot,meaning they are virtually useless as a traveling companion,they are also heavy and cumbersome.In a nutshell yesterdays tablet.

not all tablets are compatible with a persons lifestyle.It is worth remembering that when you consider buying one.

For instance an i pad is a nice bit of kit,but it is closed source,meaning you cant just transfer your own music files and avi files on to the device.Everything has to go through Apple,hence why some call them crapple.

Same with the Kindle Fire,nice tablet with HD screen,heavily discounted because they hope to recuperate the loss through flogging you their movies,books and music on to the pad.Difficult to add your own music and movie files unless your a bit tech savvy.

most people buy these sorts of pads and are disappointed that it is a ball ache to do the things they actually bought it for.People just presume it is simple to bang all your movies and cd collection on.Doesn't work like that these named tablets make money long term.

most people want a pad not to replace their laptop,but as a traveling partner to put all their movies and cds on,maybe read an e book,and connect to a wi fi hot-spot when traveling and nothing more.Makes sense to buy an open source tablet meaning that it will play and recognize all AVI formats and music formats,also one with a micro sd slot up to 32gigs.meaning you can buy as many 32 gig cards as you want and use them in the tablet,also a HD display,

the best value tablets are the lower budget ones. i have 2 of these in my family and use them for traveling abroad,good price and kids love them so easy to use.http://www.amazon.co.uk/TABTRONICS-...6UE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355890012&sr=8-1

Thanks for that pal.I am sold on the tabtronics tablet,it looks the mutts nuts,and a great price.Only down side is its not available until the new year on amazon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.