"Blackfishing"

Wow.
Why would I give you the keys to my house just because I do not have a problem with someone copying a lifestyle ? Should a new age traveler be forced to cut his dreads off, Eminem be withdrawn from all play lists, all black people with natural afros be told to stop straightening it as it is copying a white person. This thread is crazily fucked up.
The Black and White Minstrels show was wrong on every level, a white kid speaking gangsta is not.
Oh and stop being so precious and condescending, talking down to everyone just makes you look a dick.
Alright chief we are clearly arguing past each other now and i don't disagree with a lot of what you wrote. I'll go talk down to some other people on the united thread and make the argument that ole is a better manager than Pep.

I really haven't got a clue. What they don't seem to realise is they are only a few steps away from apartheid or 1960's America, the very thing we seem to be doing well at removing.
It's more complicated than that. Firstly whiteness is the norm and dominant culture. Blackness has been frowned upon by mainstream society for ever. So when a black person expresses their identity they get shot down for it. A white person uses black identity to make money. You can't see the problem??

There’s a section of society that seems to feel a need to be offered for what ever reason, I’ve got Jamaican friends if I go over there I’ll stay with their families have a goat cook, go to dance halls etc, I’ll even eat Mannish water, do they think I’m trying to appropriate their culture ? Do they fuck.
As I said above, make an effort to look up why they're offended. You might not change your stance but it helps to understand the other perspective.

Of course, some will be outraged for the sake of it. But tarring everybody with that brush isn't helping anybody.

Thank fcuk i'm too old to have to worry about this stuff

Completely agree! I don‘t remember everyone being so offended so readily when I was in my 20s and 30s. Awareness and respect are great but all these issues and social media anger just pass me by, fortunately.

Every few weeks there seems to be a new word that represents some group being offended by something. What about everyone just treats others the way they’d like to be treated themselves? Normal decency and respect, none of this calling someone ‘woke’ or sitting in the road holding up traffic. Fucking world needs to chill out, have a cuppa and appreciate the good in everyone.

As I said above, make an effort to look up why they're offended. You might not change your stance but it helps to understand the other perspective.

Of course, some will be outraged for the sake of it. But tarring everybody with that brush isn't helping anybody.
Most people I know (not all) that have a dog in this fight think it just distracts from real discrimination issues, I’d rather talk to people than read any old BS on the internet thanks.

It's more complicated than that. Firstly whiteness is the norm and dominant culture. Blackness has been frowned upon by mainstream society for ever. So when a black person expresses their identity they get shot down for it. A white person uses black identity to make money. You can't see the problem??
Yes i can when it is simply done to make money then it is wrong. I fully agree with that but how does an individual decide another individual is doing that ?
Half the black American rappers came from relatively wealthy areas they just pretended they were from the ghetto.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.