Blackpool away

Think we have to rely on Mancio getting us set up right , line up and tactically
If this happens and we execute well , it´s a win imo - fingers crossed

gynnsquarephoenix said:
Seasider in peace. Family from Withenshaw, favourite Uncle was City till he died and was buried with his scarf.

We are still not sure if we are any good or not. We can play like Barcelona for one match and look like a Div 1 side the next. For that reason alone you should be nervous. When it clicks it affects every player and fan at the same time and we get in this magical state where we know we are going to win. The chants get more creative, normally pedestrian players start doing bullet passes and tricky moves, the nerve-wracking keeper turns into Gordon chuffin Banks. It's great to be a part of and there is no way we are going back down this year. We will however, take a couple more drubbings before the season is over. We are desperate for a home win for the fans, but the pressure for that seems to work against us. Great to see City ahead of Utd and Everton ahead of Liverpool. Things have needed shaking up in the Prem for a few years now. Enjoy your day out. You will be welcomed and can wear your colors anywhere in town, we have a bit of experience dealing with folks from out of town and making sure they have a good time. Just don't get too depressed if the magic starts to happen.
Fair play to you. Blackpool are a breath of fresh air. Fuckin great result yesterday well done. I think we will beat you but it certainly wont be one of the drubbings you are expecting.
I hope you lot stay up and we get shut of either blackburn, bolton or wigan. Their "fans" are shite.

Potential banana skin this one...

Blackpool will have the advantage that the majority of their squad won't be away on international duty so they'll be rested and well prepared.

We could be in trouble if key players pick up injuries whilst playing for their country.

Hopefully Kolarov, Boateng and Balotelli are all kept behind rather than released back to their countries - we don't want another Bojinov or Petrol situation.

gynnsquarephoenix said:
Seasider in peace. Family from Withenshaw, favourite Uncle was City till he died and was buried with his scarf.

We are still not sure if we are any good or not. We can play like Barcelona for one match and look like a Div 1 side the next. For that reason alone you should be nervous. When it clicks it affects every player and fan at the same time and we get in this magical state where we know we are going to win. The chants get more creative, normally pedestrian players start doing bullet passes and tricky moves, the nerve-wracking keeper turns into Gordon chuffin Banks. It's great to be a part of and there is no way we are going back down this year. We will however, take a couple more drubbings before the season is over. We are desperate for a home win for the fans, but the pressure for that seems to work against us. Great to see City ahead of Utd and Everton ahead of Liverpool. Things have needed shaking up in the Prem for a few years now. Enjoy your day out. You will be welcomed and can wear your colors anywhere in town, we have a bit of experience dealing with folks from out of town and making sure they have a good time. Just don't get too depressed if the magic starts to happen.

I'm not a gambling man i think its a bit of a mugs game to be honest. Having said that though i have a £10 on Blackpool to finish in the top 10 at 12/1 come the end of the season. I never bet so im pretty certain you'll make it to the top 10. I've just got the feeling Blackpool are going to be the shock team from the first division this year.

gynnsquarephoenix said:

welcome to the clementine army...... a load of my family are dyed in the wool orange lovers and were at l'pool yesterday - what a great result!

really hoping that you keep it up for the season - got to love the manager and general attitude - though not at our expense! Think it will be a cracking game but think we'll prove too strong - I'll go for 1-3 to us.

If Blackpool go all gung ho we can simply defend and pick them off, I don't have a worry about that at all.

Having said that who in the Blackpool squad is on international duty?

Exactly.

They will be well drilled by the time we play them.

levet - my statement about being welcomed in colors anywhere in town was in reference to the debates in our townhall earlier this year about many pubs keeping out football fans, the 'fans should be welcomed' argument won the day because of the revenue and the current state of family-friendly football has changed a lot of things. I am sorry your enjoyment is still rooted in the violent 70's model and that you have a misguided reverence for Millwall firms based on a television documentary. Any away game was a potentially dangerous outing in those days and Blackpool was no exception. Now we embrace friendly banter and rivalry and are proud of our seaside welcome you muppet.

Seasider in peace...

...You say the chants get more creative.

If I was a 'second team' kind of guy which I am most definitely not then Blackpool might be it.

Me mam now lives in Blackpool and we used her postcode to do a bit of bandwagon jumping last May for the Play Off final.

It was a great day out. Cardiff fans reaaly didn't take the result too well and it got a bit ugly (and racist - wuth anti English chants etc) outside wembley.

Whilst it was a great atmosphere and the Seasiders made plenty of noise I have to say your songs are sh*te and not in the least bit creative.

When we come to your place you'll get a few tips on creative singing from the mighty blues.

Anyway good look to you and the rest of the Tangerine Army. I hope you stay up this season.

If we go at them from the off and put them under pressure , no i am not scared . However if we sit back and let them attack us there may be the chance of a loss . Their fans will be up for it so we need to bring them back down to earth as defensively they are suspect and going forward at points we are unbelievable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.