Blackpool illuminations

Love blackpool some great memories going to pontins in the 70’s,I can’t believe they’ve spent all that money on doing the prom up and they leave them shithole shops along the front get it sorted.

My ex father-in law was a right miserable bastard, he once said to my ex Mrs as a kid - "What do you want to go to Blackpool to see the lights for? They just flash on and off!" He was turning the kitchen light on and off when he said that. He was quite witty though, dry as fuck: )

It is now, really gone to ruin, but back in the 70s, was a great place to be.
Definitely,as a kid i loved our trips there,such a fucking shame.Its not unique though,most seaside towns have gone down the pan and are inhabited mainly by a regressive element of society.

I regularly go to Southport as part of my work and that is awful now,even 10 years ago it was so much better.I will grab a coffee from Costa,but do as little venturing as possible in the depressing shit hole.

Used to have great memories there as a kid

depresses me when I go now though

Donuts and a Chippy only redeeming parts of the trip

There’s people in Morecambe trying to get the illuminations up and running again. The work they’ve done rebuilding the prom has brought in a lot of people in the summer months but cross the road and it’s the same problem as Blackpool; run down or empty shops and pubs full of chavs. They ripped up the Frontierland many years ago and the the whole space is still sitting empty despite promises of retail parks etc. It’s a real shame because once the summer is over the town just dies again. And don’t even think about venturing into the West End!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.