Blaise Matuidi

Bobbins said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
Can't see us getting him, let alone getting him this week.

Maybe with his current legal position we might be able to take him on loan with an option to buy ??
Possible, but I would imagine that the legal problems would prevent him from signing any contract. Saying that, I'm not 100% sure about the legal problems so I might be talking out my arse for all I know.

ell said:
If hes looking for 80k a week why would city offer him 100!?

Would make more sense if City offered him 60k

I think it's a combination of a likely low transfer fee and a method to convince him to leave. He's negotiating with PSG so I guess City management are trying to match or beat whatever PSG are offering.

BlueDejong said:
Cobwebcat said:
Manchester City are set to launch a late, cut-price bid to sign Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Blaise Matuidi this week, Goal understands.

The France international, 26, is out of contract this summer and has demanded at least a doubling of his current £40k-a-week wages to pen a new deal at Le Parc des Princes.

The stand-off over Matuidi's new contract is one underlying reason behind PSG's pursuit of Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye - and with that £20 million switch close to completion, the French outfit are willing to consider offers for their defensive midfielder.

At this late stage in the window, the chances of concluding a deal are touch-and-go, but City boss Manuel Pellegrini sees the 26-year-old as an ideal addition to bolster his side's title charge in the second half of the season.

And rather than lose Matuidi for nothing at the end of the season, City believe that PSG would consider offers as low as £3m.

That would enable Pellegrini's side to offer hugely improved contract terms, with City prepared to pay Matuidi a £3.5m signing-on fee and £100k-a-week wages.

Pellegrini's keenness to add to his midfield options was underlined in Saturday's 4-2 FA Cup win over Championship outfit Watford, during which the Chilean was forced to push centre-half Michel Demichelis into a defensive midfield position.

City are currently second in the Premier League table, but have yet to add to their squad this month after spending more than £100m last summer.

Title rivals Chelsea, meanwhile, have already brought in Nemanja Matic and Mohamed Salah - the latter a straight swap for Juan Mata following his move to Manchester United - while Arsenal are desperately trying to conclude a deal to sign Schalke forward Julien Draxler having sent a delegation to Germany to negotiate a potential transfer.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/01/28/4575790/-

Story by Paul Clennam....

Come on, we need him !!

I know goal seem to be fairly accurate with City stories these days, but is this Paul Clennam personally acurate with all things City related.

I know it's twitter and it can be bollox, but quite a few reports that City and Porto have agreed a deal and now it's up to the player. Fee believed to he around 37.5m euros.

BenchillBlue said:
I know it's twitter and it can be bollox, but quite a few reports that City and Porto have agreed a deal and now it's up to the player. Fee believed to he around 37.5m euros.
Seems extreme considering our opening bid was 8 mill.

BenchillBlue said:

Is that not for Mangala?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.