Blame It On Bellers

A much bigger mistake by Bellers was shooting horribly wide when Carlos was unmarked around the penalty spot - we do this too often! (AJ and Carlos both guilty in recent matches - easier to forgive when you are 5-0 ahead!)

Theres no point pointing the finger at everybody, It was a stupid goal to concede, we lost the game now we should get over it and move on and look foward to Arsenal next week!

Although I'm one of his greatest supporters, it was really down to Mancini's poor substitutions. When Nani came on and/or when Valencia went off, he should have strengthened our right side by introducing Zabaleta. Instead he brought Ireland on simply to keep the public happy rather than sticking to those players he knows will give 100% at all times.

lionheart said:
Although I'm one of his greatest supporters, it was really down to Mancini's poor substitutions. When Nani came on and/or when Valencia went off, he should have strengthened our right side by introducing Zabaleta. Instead he brought Ireland on simply to keep the public happy rather than sticking to those players he knows will give 100% at all times.

Hmm wasn't Zab banned ?.

Challenger1978 said:
lionheart said:

Hmm wasn't Zab banned ?.

No he was on the bench, He served his two game ban against, Burnley and Birmingham.

Can't blame that goal on one single player but you have to question what the hell was going through Bellamy's mind, his touch and passing had been utter dogshit all afternoon and yet for some reason in the dying seconds with simple options around him he goes for the hollywood pass to gift possession to a side known for late goals, piss poor from an experienced pro.

lionheart said:
According to an article in the Guardian, which I cannot access because of internet problems here in the UAE, Mancini evidently blames Craig Bellamy for conceding that late goal. What is that all about? Very strange for any manager to point a finger at one player, especially a striker who normally runs his bollocks off. What with the NOTW story, it seems that Bellers may not be around much longer. I reckon he may join Mark Hughes at Newcastle Utd in the close season.

What with the NOTW story, it seems that Bellers may not be around much longer.
=========

Or more likely Mancini?

salfordtrueblue said:
Stevie was the main culprit for me, however the way SWP refused to track back once we had lost possession left us really open on that right hand side....."mugged off" we where the ones gettin mugged off there Shaun,,tell that ya ole man !

Didn't seem to be bothering SWP too much when he was partying with his mates in the Hilton on Saturday night.

I love Bellars ... the whole team weren't great though. but for me Ireland has lost it and SWP runs round like a headless chicken then bottles it every time he gets the ball...think they need to be shown the door I never thought I'd say that about SWP...

Bellamy was having an off day and he was knackered towards the end; his bad pass led to the goal and he just watched as the ball played up for the goal, maybe he could have made an effort to get into the box, and maybe he could have looked around for a better passing option.

Personally Vieira, onouha, Ireland, and Toure should be having a good chat about what happened.

If Bellamy would have been on form and the same for Johnson then I think we would have had a good win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.