Blame the Players not Mancini

cyberblue said:
Was it Mancini fault that Bellamy & Barry missed chances?.was it Mancini fault that Ade got sent off? Or that the Players could not defend a throw in when every person in the Ground new what was coming .Or that one of the Best goalies in the world Flapped again .?I think not . We played well & more than matched Stoke but did not take our chances .To shout for the Managers head now is unbeleivable .some people dont know how lucky we are

Ha! Not even best goalie in the club.

jord_theblue said:
First half we were very good last night, played on the counter well and should of been ahead. second half for me they were the better team, they wanted it more and thoroughly deserved their victory. had adebayor stayed on the pitch who knows? hindsights a great thing and its just unfortunate that he was having a good game for us up to then. I do blame mancini. not just for last night as i believe it was one of our better performances under him, but thats the problem it still wasn't good enough. Playing players out of position, unusual substitutions and the lack of tempo and forward thinking in our play under him frustrates the living day out of me. I believe us fans do have a right to expect more, the money the owners have invested aswell as us fans over the past couple of seasons supporting the team deserve to see a side in the champions league by next season. I think the players are confused by some of their positions under mancini and i have a feeling training may be more relaxed as we appear to tire in the last 20 mins of every game we play! personally i hope like hell we make it to the end of the season still with a chance of champs league and i would love to see mourinho in charge. sorry mancini but i dont think your the one for us!

Also, i was in the stoke end last night and their support is fantastic, made us look shite!

Bollocks. (unless you mean our home support). The Stoke fans did one rendition of Delilah up until they scored and were completely outsund by the City fans. So what you say is a load of crap. They are only loud when theyt are winning, or certainly have been in the two games against us. - Apart from when they are boo-ing one of our players for getting fouled again.

Yet another wank City fan finding nothing better to do than have a go at some part of our club.

shadygiz said:
was it mancinis fault those players were picked...was it mancinis fault those players were played out of position....was it mancinis fault he didnt/couldnt motivate them enough to put in a shift.....was it mancinis fault he chose to not even give a rousing speech at half time in extra time....was it mancinis fault he put more defenders on the field of play when we were chasing the game....two sides to every coin mate

Thats absolute fucking drivel, until ady was sent off the players were more than comfortable and had more than enough chances to finish shithouse stoke off.

cyberblue said:
Beliamy has been a handfull for every manager he ha splayed for that is why thet always get shut .Shay is having a bit of a poor spell by his Standards but will ge tover it .It so easy to blame the Manage rbu tit is about time the Players took Responsaibility. The Samwe Manager done verry
well at Millan i think it Idiotic for any one saying he should go so soon
NOTE TO MODERATOR: When are you going to ban pigeon English? I'm not being racist but I just think we should be speaking a similar language :-)

Barry Conlons wig said:
shadygiz said:
was it mancinis fault those players were picked...was it mancinis fault those players were played out of position....was it mancinis fault he didnt/couldnt motivate them enough to put in a shift.....was it mancinis fault he chose to not even give a rousing speech at half time in extra time....was it mancinis fault he put more defenders on the field of play when we were chasing the game....two sides to every coin mate

Thats absolute fucking drivel, until ady was sent off the players were more than comfortable and had more than enough chances to finish shithouse stoke off.

which we didnt do...

mancini picked the squad - check
mancini played players out of position - check
mancini didnt instill winning mentality - debateable
mancini stood back at half time of extra time looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights, whilst pullis rushed forward to get his lads together - check
mancini put sylvers on when we are chasing the game - check

so tell me why then is this drivel.

Barry Conlons wig said:
shadygiz said:

Totally agree although would perhaps not have used he same colourful language! :) Team set up was perfect in my eyes and we had enough chances to put them out of sight in the first half. Couple of individual errors and a crazy sending off really screwed us...not the manager. As for the subs in extra time, I don't recall us having a plethera of attacking options on the bench to turn to. Yep he brought Sylvinho on....didn't everyone rave about his goal when he played in midfield in the cup? Still, it seems to be the easier option to slag off the manager (who has been with us approx 11 weeks?) than to actually accept that we were just edged out of it on the day and that world domination may just have to wait a little while longer!!

terry phelan fan club said:
Mancini stands mystified on the touchline, looking like Rupert The Bear caught in the headlights of a truck, although to be fair to Rupert,he would have bought better in the transfer window. No journeymen, has-been midfielders would have been pointlessly shipped in under a smarter than average bear.

Christ, if Mancini looks mystified, what was Hughes? Mancini looks like effing Einstein compared to Hughes.

Patrick Viera - one of the best midfielders the Prem has ever seen is "a journeyman"? Unbelievable.

And as for a crap transfer window, it seems plain to me that Mancini was given little or no money.

Chippy_boy said:
terry phelan fan club said:
Mancini stands mystified on the touchline, looking like Rupert The Bear caught in the headlights of a truck, although to be fair to Rupert,he would have bought better in the transfer window. No journeymen, has-been midfielders would have been pointlessly shipped in under a smarter than average bear.

Christ, if Mancini looks mystified, what was Hughes? Mancini looks like effing Einstein compared to Hughes.

Patrick Viera - one of the best midfielders the Prem has ever seen is "a journeyman"? Unbelievable.

And as for a crap transfer window, it seems plain to me that Mancini was given little or no money.

stop comparing him to hughes....different characters...yes i know hughes was our last benchmark, but has everyone keeps harping on about "Forget hughes, he's gone"

wednesday night was all about mancini's ineptitude NOT hughes

LoveCity said:
Mancini isn't to blame. We had the game under control in the first half and we missed a couple of sitters and some other good chances. Had they gone in as players of this level are expected to accomplish, we would have been able to sew the game up. Mancini can't assume direct control of his players so can't be blamed. The fact is yesterday, we had our chances that most top clubs would have taken and when we blew them we lost our tempo and suffered for it. Mancini improved our tactics by learning from past games against Stoke and that is why we bossed them in the first half. Blame the untouchable Bellamy for missing a sitter that some League 1 players like Beckford probably would have scored. Blame Ireland for bottling it again in a near one-on-one chance. Blame Adebayor for a pointless swipe at the head (he didn't deserve to go off but there was still no need for it). The only thing Mancini did all night that might have been annoying was bringing Sylvinho on for Barry but the game was all but lost by then and he probably was thinking about Stamford Bridge.

This sums it up perfectly to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.