Blatter wants alternative to penalties

strongbowholic said:
Transcript of a telephone conversation between Blatter (SB) and Beckenbauer (FB) has been released:

SB: Franz my friend, how are you? Have you a solution for the penalty shoot outs?
FB: Ya mein freund Sepp, we have; you could it the Finals Solution
SB: How does it work then?
FB: Well, it is very simple; after 90 minuten, the trophy should be presented to Bayern.
SB: Ok; so that would have taken care of this year, what about if the final is Barca and Madrid?
FB: It is very simple Sepp; if after 90 minuten it is ein draw between Barca and Madrid, then the trophy is presented to Bayern.
SB: I'm not sure you have thought this through properly?
FB: We have, Karl-Heinze and Ulli are absolutely supportive.
SB: Really? What about Platini?
FB: Don't worry about the collaberateur, he is onside. We have his family tucked away in one of the ante-rooms in the Allianz Arena.
SB: Ok, I'm not sure the public will buy it; is there a Plan B?
FB: Of course there is. You give us Poland and the Sudentland.
SB: Hmmm, let's look at plan A again then, how can we make it work?
FB: There is 75 million euro in a Swiss Bank Account in the name of Blondie Kristalnacht 39 - I got the idea from Harry Redknapp!
SB: Brilliant! It certainly gets my vote....

Loved it.
Alarmingly it's actually got merit ;-)

FanchesterCity said:
strongbowholic said:
Transcript of a telephone conversation between Blatter (SB) and Beckenbauer (FB) has been released:

SB: Franz my friend, how are you? Have you a solution for the penalty shoot outs?
FB: Ya mein freund Sepp, we have; you could it the Finals Solution
SB: How does it work then?
FB: Well, it is very simple; after 90 minuten, the trophy should be presented to Bayern.
SB: Ok; so that would have taken care of this year, what about if the final is Barca and Madrid?
FB: It is very simple Sepp; if after 90 minuten it is ein draw between Barca and Madrid, then the trophy is presented to Bayern.
SB: I'm not sure you have thought this through properly?
FB: We have, Karl-Heinze and Ulli are absolutely supportive.
SB: Really? What about Platini?
FB: Don't worry about the collaberateur, he is onside. We have his family tucked away in one of the ante-rooms in the Allianz Arena.
SB: Ok, I'm not sure the public will buy it; is there a Plan B?
FB: Of course there is. You give us Poland and the Sudentland.
SB: Hmmm, let's look at plan A again then, how can we make it work?
FB: There is 75 million euro in a Swiss Bank Account in the name of Blondie Kristalnacht 39 - I got the idea from Harry Redknapp!
SB: Brilliant! It certainly gets my vote....

Loved it.
Alarmingly it's actually got merit ;-)
unfortunately that would probably work

Drop-down to 7-a-side at 90 mins but with rolling subs from your final 11 on the pitch at 90 mins (to avoid players conking-out!).

If still level after 120, penners.

kenster197 said:
Think it was the Yanks that used to have a 1 on 1 with the goalie from about 30 yards out. A good few years back but it was better than pens.

IF that was the change.. Who would be our one? I would say either Kompany or Yaya if he isnt knackered. Sergio and Mario would get a shout too.

Im thinking it might be Sergio.. hard to get the ball off that guy, and damn he's fast.

City Raider said:
take the pens before, not after, extra time - the losing side on pens then know they have 30 mins to put it right - not as severe as a missed pen being the last kick of the game
I like this idea!

It means that the team that lost the penalty shoot out will be going all out to get a goal for the entire 30 minutes. If they do score, then the other team will have to go all out to even the score up again.

Platini has come out and said that if Balotelli was to walk off the pitch if Racially abused he will be booked as will any other player who walks off the pitch without permission.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.