Bloody Sunday: Soldier F faces murder charges

I agree that it needed the highest levels of scrutiny, and it's had it, the enquiry went on for donkey's years.

I wouldn't equate it to that analogy, personally, but even if I accept it, we keep coming back to why one
and not the others, so it's not a discussion that appears to be moving, the soldier may be a ruthless, cold bloodied
murdering bastard, who deliberately, and knowingly, shot people.
The same as the ones who received get off letters, so round and round we go.
The fact is that it is just an analogy, because it wouldn't happen ever on mainland Britain.
As for the letters to the 200. As Alex already said,I don't know who got letters or what they are accused of, so cannot objectively assume that they are all murdering bastard, who deliberately, and knowingly, shot people.

The point being, there are an awful lot of assumptions that one thing equates to another without background evidence.

I get the feeling though that had the IRA not had all these amnesty letters and they'd all served their time for the attacks.

Would folk still support Soldier F for the murders he comitted, or would they label him a scumbag and a murderer?

As it seems all the support and the marches are basically because he's carrying the can when everyone else have walked free.

So be interesting if any of his supporters could answer the question?

I don’t support him so I cannot answer that question I’m afraid. Most of the posts I have read are questioning the hypocrisy and political nature of this. I haven’t read every post though.

I’m not sure the families of victims can sleep well tonight knowing that we only prosecute murderers whose standards should be better. I’m sure if my kid was killed by any of the terrorists from either side I would be pretty pissed. These terrorists don’t really have very high standards wouldn’t appease me much, hence it’s a crock of shit.

If we are prosecuting one murderer during the troubles we have a duty to prosecute the others. It’s not about sides it’s about justice.

That shows not even a basic understanding of anything I've posted or the point I made in posting it & answers not one single direct question.

Which is absolutely typical.

I think the point is, it was the cold blooded killing of innocents.
There's that inference again that these UK citizens were perhaps not as innocent as other UK citizens.

So those killed by terrorists weren’t innocents? I can only state it so many times. You don’t choose which murderers you want to prosecute. You do your best to get all the fuckers. Unless there is an agreement that you prosecute none to stop further killings.

I can’t be arsed with the black pot kettle gif to be honest.

I'm talking about OUR standards for OUR military.

Fuck all the terrorists & their standards. I expect them not to have any. They are terrorists.

It's not two sides of an argument, otherwise our soldiers could decapitate innocent people for entertainment.

We maintain OUR standards, not for their benefit, but for ours.

Everything seems to be some sort of competition with you.

So those killed by terrorists weren’t innocents? I can only state it so many times. You don’t choose which murderers you want to prosecute. You do your best to get all the fuckers. Unless there is an agreement that you prosecute none to stop further killings.
Where in the name of God are you getting that from what I wrote.
It's the whole point of everything I've been arguing.
You wrote;
Whatever this soldier has done it can’t be any worse than cold blooded killing of innocents.

Whether intentional or not there is an inference in that statement that this was not the cold blooded killing of innocents and other killings by terrorists were.
Both were. I can't make that any clearer. However your statement demonstrates what the families of innocent victims in the Bloody Sunday massacre are still dealing with within some sectors of British society.

I'm talking about OUR standards for OUR military.

Fuck all the terrorists & their standards. I expect them not to have any. They are terrorists.

It's not two sides of an argument, otherwise our soldiers could decapitate innocent people for entertainment.

We maintain OUR standards, not for their benefit, but for ours.

Everything seems to be some sort of competition with you.

What the hell are you talking about man, you would have to show me where I said our military doesn’t need standards. Do you or do you not believe if we prosecute this soldier it is right to try and prosecute every murderer during the troubles. They have all left misery to victims families.

Yes or no it’s pretty straightforward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.