Blue (Chris Williams) passed away on the way to the Arsenal game (P7)

Horrible. Never a good time for it, but I feel deaths are especially sad in the build-up the Christmas period.

Would be a nice gesture if the club paid for the funeral costs.

Yep, awful news. I know it can happen at any time but when you hear of it happening on the way to a match, with us all being football fans it feels that bit more personal even if we might not have known the person.

Name has come out that the fan who passed away yesterday travelling to arsenal was Chris Williams many will remember him from sportingold. A football memorabilia auction site down in Bucks. Held auctions at the Etihad, emirates etc.

RIP blue x

Last edited:
Name has come out that the fan who passed away yesterday travelling to arsenal was Chris Williams many will remember him from sportingold. A football memorabilia auction site down in Bucks. Held auctions at the Etihad, emirates etc.

RIP blue x
I didn’t realise it was Chris. A dedicated Blue who had helped the club often when i was involved with museum/history matters. Sad news indeed. Condolences to the family.

Chris was the one who started hospitality at City. He travelled from his home to all City games and got them to do pre match meals above the social club. I think Roy Clarke was running the club at the time. I could be wrong but I seem to remember him telling me that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.