Blue (Chris Williams) passed away on the way to the Arsenal game (P7)

Chris was the one who started hospitality at City. He travelled from his home to all City games and got them to do pre match meals above the social club. I think Roy Clarke was running the club at the time. I could be wrong but I seem to remember him telling me that.
Roy Clarke certainly was the first manager of the City Social Club.

RIP Chris. Such sad news. May be wrong, but did Chris tour with the Sports Memorabilia Company, selling at Supporters Clubs events holding Trophy Visits back in 2012 ? Looks familiar.
Either way, I wish to pass on my condolences, especially as my Dad, another Blue, also passed away on Sunday. (Separate thread)

Chris was the one who started hospitality at City. He travelled from his home to all City games and got them to do pre match meals above the social club. I think Roy Clarke was running the club at the time. I could be wrong but I seem to remember him telling me that.
Chris certainly helped City a lot over the years with sponsorship, memorabilia etc. He was definitely someone who was a bit of an unsung hero, contributing in ways that were not made public. But it seems unlikely he'd have convinced Clarke to start the meals as Chris would have been about 14 to 15 when Roy started them at the Social Club. He may have suggested stuff later - such as the hospitality that started in the Executive/Joe Smith Suite in the 1980s - I guess.

I bought many programmes from Chris over the years. Sad news.

I can remenber Roy Clarke running the social club late 80s,just cant think of the name given to the pre match meal members....they used to sit upstairs in their own private area in the big back room of the old City social club.Used to love that club house,always felt safe in there and always warmly greeted by everyone.Happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.