Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 18 - BM Openers - Out on blue 6 (pg 353)

Fall prey to the blizzard head,
Wrapped my hand around the glass again
We all thought that I might change as I got older

Fell down and nothing bled
Wrapped in cotton alcohol again
To the hilt I hear from the prick upon my shoulder

Free pour the fruitless thoughts
It's far too late to talk so much but,
Still not giving up though
I wish that I was sober

Forgive me I can't speak straight
Forgive me I can't
Forgive me it's far too late

Choke down the gateway drug
Opened the gates, in came the flood, it comes, Like a blush of love, it hits me without warning.

Long nights of getting lost
I walk beneath the bridge I don't know,
I need a black suit for tomorrow, I'm in mourning.

My love you should know
The best of me left hours ago so,
Shove a rag into my mouth and let me smolder.

Fallout and the damage done
I can't un-sing the things I've sung
Still not giving up though
I wish that I was sober

Oh, come and shake me till I'm dry
Oh, I wish that I was sober
Oh, come to me and kill the night off
I wish that I was sober

Oh, come and shake me till I'm dry
Oh, I wish that I was sober
Oh, come to me and kill the night off
oh I wish that I was sober

I listened to that earlier today and said, "nah, I'll save that for someone else...". Great minds and all that. ;-)

I have a few to choose from, but I think it does cover a familiar experience pretty well. Metaphorical and common enough at the same time. That has always been their success imo, just being clever/poetic enough, without overdoing it.

I have a few to choose from, but I think it does cover a familiar experience pretty well. Metaphorical and common enough at the same time. That has always been their success imo, just being clever/poetic enough, without overdoing it.
I listened to it from one of my playlists, so it is one of the songs from that album that struck me as quite powerful. Nothing wrong with being clever and subtle either. "The best of me left hours ago" is one of the best lines that have stuck with me too.

I also saw my "Sober Up" track from Rivers and AJR on an alcohol related playlist and realized I was ahead of the curve last week with that suggestion. ;-)

Wasn't much reported on but Jimmy James passed away last week, so I'm going with his soulful rendition of a very famous tune

Red red wine - Jimmy James and the Vagabonds

Just got back from an evening bike ride, and got my first listen to the whole playlist in. Thanks to @Mancitydoogle for keeping it up to date!

I don't know what it is about alcohol, but there are some damn stellar songs on this one. Lots of new tunes and artists I hadn't heard either, which is always a bonus!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.