Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

Thanks for the contributions

Favourite Track

Del Amitri , like Rob I’ve got the album but not the bonus tracks one

Others that I’d not heard but really liked

Tindersticks ,like this band but not familiar with this one
The Rainmakers, fun song
Van Halen
Rory Gallagher ‘A Million Miles Away’

Ones I know well and love

John Hiatt
Frightened Rabbit
Jason Isbell
Steve Earle
10,000 Maniacs

Am I correct in saying our next task is to submit a list of ten favourites from this Alcohol playlist?
If so, who do we send it to and I would presume we cannot pick our own submissions to the whittled down ten.
I’m travelling over to England for the coming weekend and would need to make such a submission before going.

Am I correct in saying our next task is to submit a list of ten favourites from this Alcohol playlist?
If so, who do we send it to and I would presume we cannot pick our own submissions to the whittled down ten.
I’m travelling over to England for the coming weekend and would need to make such a submission before going.
No. There's no top 10 or voting in this thread. Just listen and comment as you see fit.

I think you are getting confused with the end-of-round playlist in the Album Club thread, where we submit a top 10 from that playlist.

You need to send Rob a PM of which version of an alcohol song you'd have rather have heard and then.... ;-)

Nah, none of that, but you do bring up a great point that feedback on the songs here is always appreciated. Rob, Mancitydoogle, and I have submitted ours, but there's still time to hear from others! ;-)

You've been commenting along too, and glad you enjoyed Thorogood's take on that classic song. I did want to at least comment that after hearing the original I liked the buildup George added of him being thrown out of his place prior to getting to the bar. "everybody funny, now you funny too!"

So, in the words of another great 80's song that didn't make the Album Playlist that this thread is now asking... "don't you, forget about me..."

You need to send Rob a PM of which version of an alcohol song you'd have rather have heard and then.... ;-)

Nah, none of that, but you do bring up a great point that feedback on the songs here is always appreciated. Rob, Mancitydoogle, and I have submitted ours, but there's still time to hear from others! ;-)

You've been commenting along too, and glad you enjoyed Thorogood's take on that classic song. I did want to at least comment that after hearing the original I liked the buildup George added of him being thrown out of his place prior to getting to the bar. "everybody funny, now you funny too!"

So, in the words of another great 80's song that didn't make the Album Playlist that this thread is now asking... "don't you, forget about me..."
I think the 3 of you don't get the credit you deserve for the consistency in commenting on the playlists and songs that make them up, and your summaries.

I have fallen behind, try do it as often as I can. But I certainly appreciate the commitment on display by you 3. Just a mention.

Was rather remiss of me not to put something on at the weekend but I was waiting for the dust to settle on the album playlist then a new album was put up. I'm good to go again this weekend if everyone wants this restarted?
I think you can go for it as you were next in line anyway.

When I listen to an album I always listen as the artist wanted. No skipping or shuffling from start to finish. There is an art to the track listing and it was interesting to see the INXS has been described as probably being too heavy. The opening track is probably the most important as it sets the album up. Should be the one that by the end makes you want to start all over again. I looked at some of my favourite albums and artists and have picked the openers from these. Hence thread title being BM Openers

I've put on another music thread my love for post Pet Sounds Beach Boys. They'd fallen off a cliff commercially by the early seventies but still produced great work. This is from 1973s Holland album. This was released as a single and only got to 79 in the billboard top 100. Unbelievable really.

The Beach Boys - Sail On, Sailor

One thing myself and Fog would agree on is New Order are our favourite band. We would disagree on others and probably our favourite album. Power Corruption and Lies to Technique is a strong body of work. If I had to take one to a desert island it would be Lowlife. This opener is perfect NO. Steve's metronomic drumming,Hooky trying to get his bass higher in the mix and Bernard trying to play the notes in order. Gillians in there somewhere.

New Order - Love Vigilantes

Shoegaze was a music media scene created in between Madchester and Britpop. My Bloody Valentine being the flag bearers but like all scenes bands get lumped in who aren't really part of it. Ride for me are the best of the lot. Great new album earlier this year and I shall be seeing them in September. From 2nd album Going Blank Again

Ride - Leave Them All Behind

I always class this band and Mercury Rev as kindred spirits. Slogged around and released numerous albums before gaining any traction and I think embraced by the UK. I always find something uplifting about The Flaming Lips. This is from the breakthrough The Soft Bulletin

The Flaming Lips - Race For The Prize

Not going to say much about this one. Great song. Great album. Great band. From The Trials of Van Occupanther

Midlake - Roscoe

Hopefully there is something people enjoy listening to if not get something on yourselves. I will update the playlist as it goes along

Great theme. I'm sure I've mentioned this before somewhere but Roxy were always brilliant at opening an album. Straight between the eyes with a banger and I think they really understood the importance of the first few bars after that moment of anticipation when you'd put the needle down and wait for what was to come.

From introducing themselves as artsy types with Re-make/Re-model to signing off eight albums later with More Than This they nailed it pretty much every time. (We will forget the first track of Flesh and Blood and pretend it starts with the plaintive piano and guitar of the second track "Oh Yeah" !). Could pick pretty much any of them but I'll go with the opener to their third album.

Roxy Music - Street Life

(Oh and btw whatever Foggy says, Low-Life is the correct answer :-).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.