Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 23 - Black&White&BlueMoon Town - Tailgating Music (pg 404)

Warren Zevon: “Lawyers, Guns & Money”

I'm glad you wondered that, because though this song is oft discussed I don't think we've ever had it in a playlist?

As the dad of teenagers who sometimes find it hard to make a decision or articulate a need, it's occurred to me more than once that whatever trouble Zevon's protagonist had got himself into, he at least had the virtue of being very clear and explicit about what help it was he required!

Probably best not to hold him up as a role model though!

"Johnny Law" - William Eliot Whitmore

By and large Mrs Spires gets quite annoyed by the range of colloquial names I like to, jokingly, refer to the police as. She gets particularly annoyed when I refer to them as Babylon but that's another story. However Johnny Law never seems to raise the hackles, I suspect because she's never listened to that song.

Del Amitri - Close Your Eyes and think of England

Mentions and references small and seemingly inconsequential lawmaking, surrounding a significant change, that at the time had a bigger impact on our lives. And will for some time I guess. A bit loose maybe, but the topic is in there.

Del Amitri - Close Your Eyes and think of England

Mentions and references small and seemingly inconsequential lawmaking, surrounding a significant change, that at the time had a bigger impact on our lives. And will for some time I guess. A bit loose maybe, but the topic is in there.

It's definitely legislative and on the basis we're unlikely to have a playlist theme dedicated to self-harm born of idiocy and misplaced hubris, then you might as well get it in on this one!

It's definitely legislative and on the basis we're unlikely to have a playlist theme dedicated to self-harm born of idiocy and misplaced hubris, then you might as well get it in on this one!

I will say, I am jealous of @Black&White&BlueMoon Town , having not listened to Del Amitri before. Inagine finding a band like them with the amount of material there, and quality too! Oh to be in that position

I will say, I am jealous of @Black&White&BlueMoon Town , having not listened to Del Amitri before. Inagine finding a band like them with the amount of material there, and quality too! Oh to be in that position
I've been listening to Idlewild all week and trying to get my review done in and around all this Olympic tennis juice and whatever else I can fit in. It's still working hours here and there's City on tonight vs. Gündoğan and Barca as well.

That is the right band, correct?

Ooops... no Judgement then. Busy, busy, busy...

(I've heard a little Del Amitri now, I just have lots ahead of me)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.