Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 23 - Black&White&BlueMoon Town - Tailgating Music (pg 404)

Enjoy the show. I've seen them four times, including once in their original incarnation with the classic line-up of Finn-Hester-Seymour.

I've not really enjoyed their last two albums that much but I'm sure that they will still put on a great show.
Well, there was no way to get Seymour last night (RIP), but we did get Finn-Hester and then 2 sons Finn, who actually did a bang up job on both lead guitars and drums.

I'll give Neil Finn a lot of credit, he has his boys Liam (guitars) and Elroy (drums) both really playing well and a big part of the band. They sounded great and really were humorous on stage.

Sadly, they didn't play "Fingers Of Love" in the encore like they did in Atlanta the night before, but they did bang out 26 songs, and the final closer of "Into Tempation" was simply fantastic. My wife and I enjoyed all the songs, including the one song we played at our wedding (not hard to figure out), so it was a great night out after the reality of not getting Oasis tickets in the UK with my son in the very early AM. It was nice to sleep in today... let me say that.

Setlist and a few photos... I'll close down our playlist setlist in a few minutes...

1725226919084.png
Liam Finn, Mitchell Froom, Elroy Finn, Neil Finn
1725227058081.png
Elroy Finn, Neil Finn, NZ percussion guy, "Uncle" Nick Seymour

Crowded House will be at the Co-op Live in Manchester on Oct 8.

Last edited:
Well, I knew there was a good chance this wasn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I appreciate those who indulged me the timing of this playlist to let some real bangers out.
As we enter the international break with City on top of the Premier League, let us reflect on the players who have stepped up, those that have returned (Gündoğan), and those who we have yet to see on the pitch that will make the team even better.

We saw Haaland's brilliance in preseason on the US tour, but it is hard not to reflect on how crucial he has been to this team in the first 3 games.

In his honour...

"Haaland (Ha Ha Ha)" - CTID
1725228662394.png

Last edited:
My final 2 songs are personal ones as yesterday was mostly about watching City win again on the big screen, while my undergrad alma mater struggled in Nashville. I've been told unlike the results on the field, VT fans "won the tailgate", and based on the stands being nearly 50% orange and maroon for a road game, I'd agree that was the case. Have I mentioned how much I enjoyed the colors on City's 2023-24 away kits? ;-)

Thankfully, the school where I earned my graduate degree did a bit better at home to start the season last night, so I'll end on that fight song, probably the most famous in college football from the 2024 National Champions.

Before that, I'm including the song that inspired my username and is a constant part of my tailgates from the Manchester band I hold dearest to my heart.

"Black and White Town" - Doves

"The Victors" - Michigan Wolverines marching band

Last edited:
Well, there was no way to get Seymour last night (RIP), but we did get Finn-Hester and then 2 sons Finn, who actually did a bang up job on both lead guitars and drums.

I'll give Neil Finn a lot of credit, he has his boys Liam (guitars) and Elroy (drums) both really playing well and a big part of the band. They sounded great and really were humorous on stage.

Sadly, they didn't play "Fingers Of Love" in the encore like they did in Atlanta the night before, but they did bang out 26 songs, and the final closer of "Into Tempation" was simply fantastic. My wife and I enjoyed all the songs, including the one song we played at our wedding (not hard to figure out), so it was a great night out after the reality of not getting Oasis tickets in the UK with my son in the very early AM. It was nice to sleep in today... let me say that.

Setlist and a few photos... I'll close down our playlist setlist in a few minutes...

View attachment 130482
Liam Finn, Mitchell Froom, Elroy Finn, Neil Finn
View attachment 130483
Elroy Finn, Neil Finn, NZ percussion guy, "Uncle" Nick Seymour

Crowded House will be at the Co-op Live in Manchester on Oct 8.
Glad you enjoyed it. The humourous on stage approach is one of the endearing things about their live shows.

I was possibly saving this for a future album nomination but check out Liam Finn’s 2007 album I’ll Be Lightning.

Tailgating Music
Thank you all for indulging me the Tailgating tracks, and sorry for the “fish out of water” experience in trying to relate to what we American fans take for granted or isn’t always feasible for other sporting events. Tying this playlist together was mostly timing for the start of the season, as I had a few other things in mind that I neglected to mention.

Given I’ll be at my first tailgate of the season this coming Saturday (after Manchester Orchestra in concert again Friday night), I failed to note I was going to add a track from each of the nominators to my existing Tailgate Playlist and play it this weekend during the festivities.

Thanks to all that submitted their suggestions, and here’s what’s being added with a thank you to the nominator. You’re all now a part of the present and future Tailgate experience (in spirit at the very least).

“Celebrate” – An Emotional Fish (lastmanback) – 3 great tracks submitted, had to pick one – unless it “All Works Out” that I’m taking two for good measure.

“Texarkana” – R.E.M. (Saddleworth2) – a song that is at the top of this artist favourites and rightfully should be on the playlist. Correcting my oversight thanks to Sads2!

“Victory Over the Sun” - Biffy Clyro (Coatigan) – as much as I enjoyed the amusement to “No Scotland, No Party”, this song simply rocks and we’ve already established that more in the US need to hear Biffy!

“Heavy Action” - Johnny Pearson (RobMCFC) – thanks for suggesting the song of my childhood and staying up late for MNF – “dunt dunt dunt, dun…”

“Ghetto Supastar” - Pras (ft ODB and Mya) (threespires) thread ban? malarkey? How about “shared with potentially dozens”!? ;-)

“On A Rope” - Rocket From The Crypt (BimboBob) – enough booze to sink a small ship is just what lost salmon at a tailgate need

“Dancing in the Dark” - Bruce Springsteen (OB1) – an old favourite from my late teen years, should have been on my playlist prior

“The Story of the Blues” - Pete Wylie & The Mighty WAH! (Out on blue 6) – will put a smile on my face for the backstory

“Put Em Under Pressure” – Niall Murphy (mancity2012_eamo) – captures the song from the YT video on Ireland, will be a crowd favourite with my crew, and covers “Dearg Doom”, so it checks many boxes

“Gonna Get Along Without You Now” - Viola Willis (Mancitydoogle) – yeah, I laughed too, and I can’t shake you nominating this

Last edited:
Apologies but being on holiday and returning with a nasty virus has meant that I haven’t had the time to listen to anything but the first few on this playlist.

@Coatigan - sorry for the late notice but I’m going to have to duck out of putting a playlist up this week. Hopefully I’ll be well enough to resume album duties by Wednesday.

Apologies but being on holiday and returning with a nasty virus has meant that I haven’t had the time to listen to anything but the first few on this playlist.

@Coatigan - sorry for the late notice but I’m going to have to duck out of putting a playlist up this week. Hopefully I’ll be well enough to resume album duties by Wednesday.

Shall we just delay a week, keep it simple. Gives more time for this one.

I can do Wednesday changeover if you need and don't feel better, just let me know, no problem at all.

Get well soon Rob.

Rob, hope you are better soon too. Apologies to those still listening, but the tailgate (and game) was won this past Saturday. Even threespires' track, which made me smile when it came on. "Is this still you?" I was asked, and had to add in context for my City help.

My pano picture of the day inside the stadium.
1725886170377.png

Last edited:
I'll get in here early as got stuff going on later this week. I did have to look up the date for confirmation on this one but I was definitely there. Villa away 1983. Terrace behind the goal half time this song came on and everyone seemed to be singing it. It was almost as though it was written for us even though it's nothing to do with football. It's an absolute cracker of a song. The number one that never was

Wah! - Story Of The Blues
Tune.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.