Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 23 - Black&White&BlueMoon Town - Tailgating Music (pg 404)

Used my allocation, but for optional listening, can't go wrong with

Joe and the shitboys - manspredator

Last edited:
Of the 5, Faith no more, good old often overlooked band. Los dugs, Jethro Tull's long lost brethren. Fad Gadget, depeche's long lost brethren. Remurdered the hands down favourite this round. The Barr Brothers something intriguing that I will explore more of. And not just their bru. Elliot smith unfolds quite nicely, Splitter was a good mood tune for a nice change of pace. Big thief has appeared here and caught my attention before, timely reminder to give them a proper go. Good fortnight.

Of the 5, Faith no more, good old often overlooked band. Los dugs, Jethro Tull's long lost brethren. Fad Gadget, depeche's long lost brethren. Remurdered the hands down favourite this round. The Barr Brothers something intriguing that I will explore more of. And not just their bru. Elliot smith unfolds quite nicely, Splitter was a good mood tune for a nice change of pace. Big thief has appeared here and caught my attention before, timely reminder to give them a proper go. Good fortnight.
Yes great to see Big Thief on. Very good band. Was waiting for the banjo one for them so I could put on. Adrianne Leneker has done a couple of good solo albums also.

Lots of good stuff on this playlist - a fine eclectic mix. Thanks to @BimboBob for the idea.

Pick of the bunch (that was new to me):-
  • "Not" - Big Thief - I remember liking their album on the best of 2022 thread and this is a great song
Also new to me that I enjoyed:-
  • "Smog" - Los Dug Dug's
  • "Island" - Gerry Rafferty
  • "Remurdered" - Mogwai
  • "Palimpsest" - Ashenspire
  • "Lights" - Journey
  • "Forever" - Little Steven
  • "Laundromat" - Rory Gallagher
  • "Sadpaper" - Zack Bryan

Songs I knew and enjoyed:-
  • "Epic" - Faith No More
  • "Xanadu" - Rush
  • "Stand" - REM
  • "Rosana" - Toto
  • "Albatross" - Fleetwood Mac

Big thief has appeared here and caught my attention before, timely reminder to give them a proper go. Good fortnight.
Yeah, that was one of my pandemic song finds that I overplayed, but still come back to (more related to that on Monday). I missed them last time around in concert, but hoping to catch them next time.

I'd not be telling the truth if I said I had a lot of others in mind here who I thought might appreciate this more than you. Always nice to see a few other regulars I'm glad to have liked it too!

That, and a few other things, brings me lots of Joy today.

Last edited:
My Track ‘Forever’ on the playlist is actually a cover version, the correct track by
Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul’ is on their album ‘Men Without Women ‘
Sorry about that, I had added the first track that came up by that artist and hadn't noticed.

I just swapped it out and it should be good now.

(it was already making my list, but I appreciate the heads up to get it right!)

My Track ‘Forever’ on the playlist is actually a cover version, the correct track by
Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul’ is on their album ‘Men Without Women ‘
It was a good performance - I didn't even notice it wasn't Little Steven (not that I'm familiar with the original).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.