Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

Can't beat a bit of tradition, a proper goosebumps song when done right.

Green Grow the Rashes.

Unfortunately this version is not on spotify or other streaming services. So for the purposes of the playlist happy with Eddi Reader's version to go on. But would encourage folk to listen to/view this one anyway. I was there.

I didn't think I would like that Eddi Reader album when it came out but, though I'm not a fan of listening to the whole album in one go, I think there's something really interesting in hearing them in the style she sings rather than something more obviously traditional. It's not as 'goosebumpy' but there's a kind of new light through old windows feel to it

From Portugal The Man to a band actually from Portugal. One less colour but more brevity...

The Gift - RGB
Sorry for being a sticker, but RGB isn't a colour and the title doesn't overtly mention colours.

If I let this in, the magnolia waffle white, off-white, cornsilk, bleeding bronze, theraputic silver etc. brigade will be in!

Sorry for being a sticker, but RGB isn't a colour and the title doesn't overtly mention colours.

If I let this in, the magnolia waffle white, off-white, cornsilk, bleeding bronze, theraputic silver etc. brigade will be in!

Outrageous

1. RGB is a universally held acronym for Red Green Blue
2. Red Green and Blue are in the lyrics and you haven't explicitly said that it needs to be in the title and if you look back at previous themes there has been latitude in this respect

I was going to demand some form of Star Chamber be convened but it would probably be you, Coatigan and B&W so I'm not liking my odds...

I withdraw, but you sir are a simultaneously imprecise and yet pedantic bounder.

(plus I've actually got better choices anyway, I was really just being a bit of a smartarse :-))

I didn't think I would like that Eddi Reader album when it came out but, though I'm not a fan of listening to the whole album in one go, I think there's something really interesting in hearing them in the style she sings rather than something more obviously traditional. It's not as 'goosebumpy' but there's a kind of new light through old windows feel to it

It is a beautiful album. If it wasn't 18 songs long, it would have been on the album thread by now. I think it is fairly traditional enough as well, not sure there is that much of a twist to it.

If you want a bit of an alt-folk album, have a go at Conflats by Out Lines, for some good power accordian.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.