Blue Shirt, Blue Shorts, White Socks?

the quality of the kits look good, its just the question on the colours. its becoming a case that sales are the priorities over what fans want, as in everything in football now.
Indeed.

If that kit is true one of the questions asked by the marketing department would be "Get me a design that'll sell in China"

Bastards.

dear nike,

i am writing in regard to your latest football kit designs currently being showcased by many club and national football teams.

although your business model is to make a profit, you are also in the business of making quality usable product and (dare i mention) customer satisfaction. i know which one of the preceding values i hold highest, i wonder, looking at the kits on offer, which one you do?

the scale of your company and, by extension, the size of your design department dictates that you have the resources and talent in your staffing to provide excellent bespoke cutting edge designs for each of your 'partners'. furthermore, im sure your designers would also want to showcase their talents if given the chance.

alas, i believe that you have misunderstood the footballing community and the people who follow their football teams. coming, as nike do, from a non-football industry you may have misread the core values of these football supporters.

football is not just about a game, its not just about winning, its not just about support.....its about identity. its about an association with those around you, those who pull for the same goal (literally and metaphorically). its about friendships and sacrifice and dedication. its about recognizing a fellow supporter in a crowd, or in the street, or even on the other side of the world and knowing that they are a kindred soul.

i dont like your new football strips, its not that i dont like the design per-se, its the generic design that does not provide individual identity to a football team, to MY team, it provides a brand...YOUR brand. its not all about YOU, you are only a part of the football sport process, a necessary partner. the football strips you are producing are just that, you are literally stripping teams of their identity and stamping your own.

you will not see any great love for these football strips from true football fans, why do i want to wear a top that looks the same as another teams? why do i want to be mistaken for a fan of a different club to help your bottom line profit? why on earth would i wear a strip that looks on the whole like football uniform......a nike football uniform?

a part of me thinks that maybe its me and my generation who are out of sync with new trends, maybe the younger generation dont fully understand what is happening with this standardization development, or maybe they dont care....if this is the case then football truly is lost.

i wont be buying your new football uniform, not for my beloved club nor for my beloved country, instead i will sink headily into the nostalgia of a retro kit that takes me back to the days when identities were passionately preserved and the football clubs crest was more relevant than the sportswear manufacturers brand.

yours,

a football fan.

cc english FA
cc premier league

thats that got off my chest, thanks for listening!!

Cdw1nHkWEAACtqQ.jpg
I'm going to throw my cock and bollocks at the clock here and say that I quite like that City shirt and would buy it. It's not traditional but it's only a year. If it came with white shorts and sky blue socks with navy turnovers or navy socks with sky blue turnovers, I'd be actually delighted.

dear nike,

i am writing in regard to your latest football kit designs currently being showcased by many club and national football teams.

although your business model is to make a profit, you are also in the business of making quality usable product and (dare i mention) customer satisfaction. i know which one of the preceding values i hold highest, i wonder, looking at the kits on offer, which one you do?

the scale of your company and, by extension, the size of your design department dictates that you have the resources and talent in your staffing to provide excellent bespoke cutting edge designs for each of your 'partners'. furthermore, im sure your designers would also want to showcase their talents if given the chance.

alas, i believe that you have misunderstood the footballing community and the people who follow their football teams. coming, as nike do, from a non-football industry you may have misread the core values of these football supporters.

football is not just about a game, its not just about winning, its not just about support.....its about identity. its about an association with those around you, those who pull for the same goal (literally and metaphorically). its about friendships and sacrifice and dedication. its about recognizing a fellow supporter in a crowd, or in the street, or even on the other side of the world and knowing that they are a kindred soul.

i dont like your new football strips, its not that i dont like the design per-se, its the generic design that does not provide individual identity to a football team, to MY team, it provides a brand...YOUR brand. its not all about YOU, you are only a part of the football sport process, a necessary partner. the football strips you are producing are just that, you are literally stripping teams of their identity and stamping your own.

you will not see any great love for these football strips from true football fans, why do i want to wear a top that looks the same as another teams? why do i want to be mistaken for a fan of a different club to help your bottom line profit? why on earth would i wear a strip that looks on the whole like football uniform......a nike football uniform?

a part of me thinks that maybe its me and my generation who are out of sync with new trends, maybe the younger generation dont fully understand what is happening with this standardization development, or maybe they dont care....if this is the case then football truly is lost.

i wont be buying your new football uniform, not for my beloved club nor for my beloved country, instead i will sink headily into the nostalgia of a retro kit that takes me back to the days when identities were passionately preserved and the football clubs crest was more relevant than the sportswear manufacturers brand.

yours,

a football fan.

cc english FA
cc premier league

thats that got off my chest, thanks for listening!!

That's pretty brilliant and I agree with every word of it. Well done!

I'm going to throw my cock and bollocks at the clock here and say that I quite like that City shirt and would buy it. It's not traditional but it's only a year. If it came with white shorts and sky blue socks with navy turnovers or navy socks with sky blue turnovers, I'd be actually delighted.

The only way I could like this shirt is if the arms were a 'slightly', minutely different shade of sky blue, that's it. Not enough contrast so that the arms looked a distinctly different colour like the one above. I don't care what people say, to me that shirt just ISNT a City shirt, I don't identify that with our club and the make up of our historical kits and wont, same goes for the blue shorts and white socks combo. This isn't a f###ing franchised based sporting culture of teams that change Cities every 20 years and change their names and colours for money, this is English football, this is City, its not difficult, just don't mess with it, leave it alone! Rant over!!

The new England and France kits are out today, and they seem to follow the template the OP suggested on here. So next season we can expect sky blue shirts, navy sleeves, sky blue shorts and white socks.

So not a City kit then, but at least it will have a City badge on it I guess.

England-kit-main.jpg

Expect to see "City" here

Home-kit-neck.jpg

Expect to see "Blue" here

Home-kit-sleeve.jpg

Expect to see "Moon" here

Home-Sleeve-Lions-Detail.jpg

The new France kit follows the same template

CdwKSNRXIAE1LWz.jpg
The England away one works. The home one though, we'll all it needs is Cheetohs, Pepsi or any other cliche American brand and it's ripe for the MLS. Absolute fucking joke of a shirt.

It's not even the fact that they show complete disregard for any of our history, but without taking that into account the kits are absolutely fucking horrid. Loved Umbro 2009/10 and the 2010/11 FA Cup winning kit is as City as any kit can be IMO, but Nike aren't even in the same universe as those two kits were.

That GeekinGav mock-up takes me back to FIFA 2002. That season City weren't on FIFA as such (certainly not on PS1) because we were in Division One but on season mode we'd get promoted to the Premiership under the title of "Manchester", and the kit they give us was exactly what Gav has mocked up there. Fucking Nike...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.