Blue Tuesday in Abu Dhabi: If you could ask Sheikh Mansour..

Slater582 said:
I'd like to know his opinion on Platini's suggested legislation.

Where a club could only spend what they make in revenue.

And how this would affect his strategy.

They mentioned your question on air!

n_mcfc said:
What was the show like?

Just waiting for it to come on iPlayer now.

The guy they had on was a mate of Paul Lakes and he was telling us off mic how great our owners are and how lucky we should be/feel. They are in it for the long haul but he did mention that heads will roll if things dont run to their plan! Interesting times ahead for the club I feel and all the positive stuff from a United fan too. Some good info on the developments and backed up what I was told two weeks ago and passed on to some on here, lets see if it comes off?

Big thanks to Ian, Paul and Emily for letting myself and Mark talk about FA Watch and a huge thanks to the other guest who gave us the info on the owner (mentioned above).

I'd like to ask him what he plans to develop around Eastlands if the council sell it to him, but also if he would be willing to try to put some sort of plaque or acknowledgement of Maine Road on the old site in Moss Side, before it gets built upon and its too late.

He does talk about the importance of the history of the club and that ground has been one of the biggest parts of our history.

wearenotreallyhere said:
I'd like to ask him what he plans to develop around Eastlands if the council sell it to him, but also if he would be willing to try to put some sort of plaque or acknowledgement of Maine Road on the old site in Moss Side, before it gets built upon and its too late.

He does talk about the importance of the history of the club and that ground has been one of the biggest parts of our history.

Already been dealt with, mate. Can't find the original source where I read it and don't have time to look - however, see the post by b4mmy on this thread here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=569853. He cuts and pastes an article (though doesn't make clear the source). The relevant extract is:
A central boulevard will run through the neighbourhood, with a large piece of public art marking the centre spot of the Blues' old pitch. Meanwhile, parts of the development will be named after different City legends, like Bert Trautmann, Mike Summerbee and Colin Bell.

I've seen this elsewhere, too. I suspect that it was part of the deal when City transferred ownership of Maine Road to the Council as part of the move to CoMS that the club insisted in the Council making sure that there would be some commemoration of our presence there, whatever the ste was used for in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.