Blue Tuesday - Lakey's Question: Which player is vital...

Steven Gerrard.

City's problem as I see it, is that we are still a team that is based around talented individuals. People seem to forget that most of our players have been here for a few months, and even the coaching team is pretty new. Lakey will be able to tell us if this actually matters in football, or is just a simple media excuse. From my experiences of teams in my profession, it matters quite heavily.

Due to this, we are very much a team who is desperately scrambling to learn. Learn about each other, learn about Mancini's style of play, learn about his tactical changes midway through the game. At the moment, Mancini has completely closed us off defensively, which was the stick used to beat Hughes with, and he has started to pick up points that you would have feared losing under previous management.

However, the balance of the team is still wrong, and I don't think we can put all of that at Barry's feet. Due to this, I don't see City as a team who can go on a 14 game winning streak, our style of play by it's very nature is risky and the Stoke result will happen again.

If we recognise that we are going to drop points against several teams yet, we have to look around us in the league. To me, Liverpool are the only one of the challengers who can go on a streak until the end of the season, if Gerrard is in form and throwing caution to the wind. However, if he is slightly off his game, they will also drop points which make them no better than us.

We are certainly in pole position for the place due to our games in hand, and perhaps I'll change my answer if we beat Stoke and Everton, but for now, I still believe that Gerrard and his form may be the difference maker between us and fourth.

I'm going to suggest the player who could have the biggest influence is the one it would be unfair to expect too much from - Adam Johnson.

My thinking is that we have really missed a creative, goalscoring threat from midfield all season. For whatever reason Stevie Ireland has not delivered as he did last season. Johnson has shown enough in one and a half games to suggest he will be integral to our attacking play. He might just be the provider Tevez and Adebayor have been crying out for, and he delivers a wicked set piece.

We could have a real star on our hands here.

I'd say Tevez and Vieira are the vital players. Tevez just does everything of course, goals, play etc, but Vieira is just so easy on the ball, and when he gets into his rythym, he will be superb.

After these last few performances, what a question to answer!

Would have said Given but I can see Joe Hart giving him a real headache when he comes back, so I don't really think we have one vital player - nobody on our team that, when they are named in the line-up, really makes me think we have an excellent chance, or that if they are missing I think we'll get beat. Currently, Adam Johnson is not a bad shout - he was the difference against Bolton and could be again at Stoke tomorrow.

If in form I'd agree with you Lakey, Barry would be essential. He can break up any move and contribute a key pass or header at the other end too - a real heartbeat of the team.

Here is one for you Lakey

Santa Cruz

If we can keep him fit for a run of games. The last game under Hughes Rocky started the game and I thought his hold up play with the ball was top class, he did all the obvious things very well and was in place for two goals. They may have been tap ins but you have to be there to tap them in.

The manager seems to like a big target player up front and Rocky seems quite happy to receive the ball at his feet or fight in the air for it. Could be the perfect player to get on the end of Johnsons or Petrov’s crosses.

nedun onuha,should be in the team every week when fit,been made the scapegoat for far too long now,probabaly our best defender,put nedum in at right back and move zabby into midfield,he gives us legs.........

Never mind the players, Mancini is going to be the key. Spurs and Villa have had a little dip in form but I think 'Arry and O'Neill will be able to rally their troops.

We're not playing well at a really important stage of the season. Only Bobby Manc's man-management will be the difference now, along with one or two players coming back from injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.