Blue Tuesday: Lakey's Question: Your opening line of a book

blueripple

Hi Everyone

We're hoping to get my former team-mate Mark Ward on the show in the next couple of weeks. He's written a book about his time in prison (From Right Wing to B-Wing), and this is the the theme of this week's question:

If you were to write a biography for a City player or manager, what would its opening line be?

For example:

People told me that you shouldn't go back to the same club twice. In my eyes, I should never have left in the first place... (Shaun Wright-Phillips).

Looking forward to reading your posts - as usual, a selection will be read out by Emily on Tuesday's show (6pm, Radio Manchester 95.1FM, also on BBC iPlayer).

OAB, AAB

Lakey

First line from 'Obviously: The Mark Hughes Story'-

Obviously we needed to be more positive and more dynamic. We obviously weren't asking enough questions until....

Tal Ben Haim:The Glory Years
It was such a privilege being part of the Arab revolution. Only problem was that it was at Pompey.............

Steve Coppell - The water glistened on his buttocks as he left the shower...

As the ball was swept delightfully out wide to the opposite side of the field, I recognised that exhaustion had defeated Beardsmore; he'd never catch me now. With the sun shining brightly on our backs, I became empowered, running almost the full length of the pitch. Intuition told me that he would whip it in first time, all I had to do was be in the right place. The inevitible perfect cross, half vollied, darted through the air, leaving me on collision course with the ball. I bearly felt the contact on my sweaty brow.
Euphoria errupted.
The ball smashed past the helpless 'keeper before rippling into the top corner of the net in front of the quickly deserting Platt Lane.
As I made my way back, in front of the vast Kippax, the opportunity of reminding the crowd of the tally of our goals was simply too tempting to pass on.

Any ideas.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.