Blue Tuesday: Lakey's Question: Your opening line of a book

Prestwich_Blue said:
"I know people thought I was mad signing for Crewe but after winning the League, FA Cup, Carling Cup and Champions League quadruple with City three years running I needed a new challenge."

Kolo Toure - From Togo to Manchester.

isnt kolo from the ivory coast????

And on the sixth day, God created Man.... chester City & after that he rested.

If only??!!

Somewhat ironically, I found myself pushing thoughts of the 'other team' to the back of my mind. The other team who had taken me from the sunbaked streets of Hamilton and set me on the road in my professional career. Stepping onto the turf at The Dell, I quickly realised that reminiscing was not going to give these fans what they desperately needed and thoroughly deserved. The situation if not critical was certainly precarious. I needed to focus on the task in hand and pledge my heart to the cause of reclaiming integrity for the blue half of Manchester, nothing less would assuage the doubts of the cynical. I wondered what could I possibly do to make this club realise that I was committed to that end and prayed to God Almighty that somehow, at some time, I could win them over.

Shaun Goater...New Beginnings

Mine would be about being a city fan

"it was the best of times, it was the worst of times" - pretty much sums up being a City fan for me and also the title of the Book "A tale of two Cities" would remain as the title of my book LOL as we are the most schizophrenic club in the world

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.