Blue Tuesday: Lakey's Question: Your opening line of a book

chanceathefarpost said:
As the ball was swept delightfully out wide to the opposite side of the field, I recognised that exhaustion had defeated Beardsmore; he'd never catch me now. With the sun shining brightly on our backs, I became empowered, running almost the full length of the pitch. Intuition told me that he would whip it in first time, all I had to do was be in the right place. The inevitible perfect cross, half vollied, darted through the air, leaving me on collision course with the ball. I bearly felt the contact on my sweaty brow.
Euphoria errupted.
The ball smashed past the helpless 'keeper before rippling into the top corner of the net in front of the quickly deserting Platt Lane.
As I made my way back, in front of the vast Kippax, the opportunity of reminding the crowd of the tally of our goals was simply too tempting to pass on.

Any ideas.......
brilliant cinch

chanceathefarpost said:
As the ball was swept delightfully out wide to the opposite side of the field, I recognised that exhaustion had defeated Beardsmore; he'd never catch me now. With the sun shining brightly on our backs, I became empowered, running almost the full length of the pitch. Intuition told me that he would whip it in first time, all I had to do was be in the right place. The inevitible perfect cross, half vollied, darted through the air, leaving me on collision course with the ball. I bearly felt the contact on my sweaty brow.
Euphoria errupted.
The ball smashed past the helpless 'keeper before rippling into the top corner of the net in front of the quickly deserting Platt Lane.
As I made my way back, in front of the vast Kippax, the opportunity of reminding the crowd of the tally of our goals was simply too tempting to pass on.

Any ideas.......

Hinchcliffe scoring the 5th against the rags?.............one of the best days of my life!!

Big Mal.
As I tapped the ash from my Havana Cigar onto my old friend John Bonds gleaming shoe, he looked down in disgust at the mess I had left him with, and he quickly glanced over at Peter Swales who was adjusting his toupee and displaying a sense of embarrassment.

I still had to pinch myself, the season I came back to City saw us win the FA cup the Europa League and to cap it all the relegation of Manure and Sir (why) Alky's first Stroke. Joe Hart the Authorised Biography ( wel, you can Hope!)

Gary Cooke
As I look back over my 30 trophy filled glory years at City, I can honestly say that the biggest crisis I ever faced was near the start of that time -the balti pie controversy.

...and City are looking for an opening, it's Dickov again... can you believe it?...

Paul Dickov - The Greatest City Goal of All Time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.