Bluemoon Angling Thread

you know I'm never too down when i blank, as you say its part of the game, also i think its a great learning curve, gets the grey matter going, if you sit there pulling them out one after another it really isn't any fun, but having a bad day, coming up with something a little different and bang you land, now that is fishing.

once fished a pool near Jodrell bank, and im not lying if i said i had 10/15 fish in the first hour, i packed up after a couple of hours bored.
I will blank at least 2 or 3 times in a season. The only time I get a bit down is in a competition if others are catching well. As we are in a boat it’s up to you to find fish, unlike course fishing competitions where you are allocated a peg and it’s a matter of luck if it’s good or poor. It does make you think what could I have done better or differently, particularly when you feel you have fished poorly. That applies even when you catch though. I was in a boat earlier this season and my partner beat me 11-2. Now that certainly made me think. On the face of it we were fishing similar flies and lines so there was obviously something in his presentation that the fish preferred. Every day is a school day when you fish!

you know I'm never too down when i blank, as you say its part of the game, also i think its a great learning curve, gets the grey matter going, if you sit there pulling them out one after another it really isn't any fun, but having a bad day, coming up with something a little different and bang you land, now that is fishing.

once fished a pool near Jodrell bank, and im not lying if i said i had 10/15 fish in the first hour, i packed up after a couple of hours bored.

It can get you down catching Sticklebacks I suppose :)

dOuV8IC.jpg

Heading for a blank fishing Llyn Brenig in a boat last week, needed a rest, left the fly in the water, next thing reel is running out, decent trout on the end !
Usually happens to me when having lunch! Cast the buzzers out, pick up sandwich, trout takes. Its like they know :-0
Have a couple of mates that are fishing Brenig soon. Final of the Sierra pairs I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.