Bluemoon Angling Thread

By Hoppers do you mean those monster grasshopper flys like the Chernobyl ant? We have hoppers but my guess is that they will look very different.
Yes, similar but not the biggest by any means. I think we were a little early, didn't see or hear any grasshoppers. Ended up tying a little bead head nymph to the hopper...still quiet, so tried a bit of everything. Didn't really see anything rising until the last hour, finally got i to a few with a caddis dry fly.
Beautiful day though, saw a mother moose and calf, lots of eagles and ospreys

IMG-9396.jpg

IMG-9395.jpg

thumbnail-IMG-9385.jpg

that is so beautiful. We don't get many eagles although that is starting to change as White tail sea eagles are on the increase and starting to move inland. We have plenty of Ospreys though. Nothing nicer than seeing them catch a fish in front of your boat.
Unfortunately no moose. We do have beavers though - they have been re-introduced into Perthshire.

Yes, similar but not the biggest by any means. I think we were a little early, didn't see or hear any grasshoppers. Ended up tying a little bead head nymph to the hopper...still quiet, so tried a bit of everything. Didn't really see anything rising until the last hour, finally got i to a few with a caddis dry fly.
Beautiful day though, saw a mother moose and calf, lots of eagles and ospreys

This is our Hopper. I use these a great deal.
claret-hopper-13-yellow.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.