Bluemoon Angling Thread

Delighted to have found this thread. Joined the site a few years ago, but not used it much. Think I've only posted once.
Today I scrolled through the off-topic subjects and found this fishing thread. Made up.
I've spent 2 hours reading it from page 1 and found recommendations re waterproof clothing; venues; accommodation etc. And I'm only up to page 35.

Went fishing with Dad when in my teens. Gave it up for girls and, later, golf and family life. Started fishing again in 2014 when I was 63 and retired. Am absolutely useless at it - I just bung a method feeder out and wait for a wrap-round bite. I'm disabled - had MS since 1995, so stick to farmland pools where I can park near my peg. Have never fished a river, probably wouldn't be safe!

I just wanted to express my interest in the topic and will probably be up to date by Christmas.
Talking of which, hope you all have a good Christmas. Look after those you love.
Tony
Hi Tony. Welcome pal. As peaceful frog said it's sane here, unlike the Sane(Leroy) thead amongst many others mackerel flapper threads lol.

If there are any questions no matter daft they may seem then this Is the place to come to for help and advice. And that goes for anyone else interested in going fishing.

Tight lines folks.

I did a day pike fishing the River Tees yesterday. As we arrived at dawn the river started to rise and it rose a meter or. It’s as we fished all day. Not good for pike at all. My mate fished lures and had nothing. I fished deadbait. It was hard to present a bait at all with all the leaves coming down and the fast current, and the coloured water meant that scent was the beat chance of fluking a pike. I injected the sardine with lamprey oil but one of us (definitely my mate) lost the lid so we had no choice but to throw it away as we moved pegs the first time.

In the third peg something picked up my bait at last but put it down. An hour later, just as we were about to move, I had a proper run but nothing was there on the strike and the bait came back mangled. Next cast the same happened. My mate had a dropped run on his dead roach too.

By late afternoon the river was in full flood and it was really tough. We lost several sets of tackle and called it a day in time for the City match on the radio.

Several runs but no fish landed was the end result but it was a nice mild day to be out and we had a great sighting of a couple of roe deer on the opposite bank.

I did a couple of hours with the perch gear yesterday afternoon. I fished two canal stretches with three lures and had two "bumps" in one area but landed nothing.

I did a day pike fishing the River Tees yesterday. As we arrived at dawn the river started to rise and it rose a meter or. It’s as we fished all day. Not good for pike at all. My mate fished lures and had nothing. I fished deadbait. It was hard to present a bait at all with all the leaves coming down and the fast current, and the coloured water meant that scent was the beat chance of fluking a pike. I injected the sardine with lamprey oil but one of us (definitely my mate) lost the lid so we had no choice but to throw it away as we moved pegs the first time.

In the third peg something picked up my bait at last but put it down. An hour later, just as we were about to move, I had a proper run but nothing was there on the strike and the bait came back mangled. Next cast the same happened. My mate had a dropped run on his dead roach too.

By late afternoon the river was in full flood and it was really tough. We lost several sets of tackle and called it a day in time for the City match on the radio.

Several runs but no fish landed was the end result but it was a nice mild day to be out and we had a great sighting of a couple of roe deer on the opposite bank.

Hard going at the moment. I was out Saturday too but the river (Avon) was in flood so I went on a local stillwater. Usual story at this time of year, very slow on the tip, the other two anglers packed up without a bite and no sooner had they gone than the fish started biting. Caught some decent roach and skimmers but , about 2.30, it started slowing again so I packed up and headed home for the football. Still, I got out, decent weather for the time of year and saw a few bites. Roll on the Spring

Happy Christmas everyone on here. Have the best day you can and you and yours stay safe. Tight lines for 2021 and lets hope we get on top of this virus in time to lift the travel restrictions for the new season.

And God Bless us every one.

Let us know if you get any decent fishy pressies. I know I've got a belting balaclava and some new fingerless gloves. I got my brother a new whopper-dropper as I broke his by getting too enthusiastic with it in Ireland in July.

Let us know if you get any decent fishy pressies. I know I've got a belting balaclava and some new fingerless gloves. I got my brother a new whopper-dropper as I broke his by getting too enthusiastic with it in Ireland in July.
What the fuck is a whopper dropper.

Are you planning a Bank job??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.