Bluemoon Angling Thread

I've been back hunting the perch with the ultralight gear over the last week or so. I've been out three times I think and cast countless times to countless places and caught one solitary perch, less than a pound. I got it on camera, though, so I am slowly building enough footage to edit a proper video together for Youtube which I will put on here.

18 lb silver salmon on a monkey tube fly this afternoon
Wtf!!!
well done mate. Probably one of the few salmon in the river and you caught it. If you are anything like my salmon fishing buddies you must be over the blue moon.
huge well done.

I've been back hunting the perch with the ultralight gear over the last week or so. I've been out three times I think and cast countless times to countless places and caught one solitary perch, less than a pound. I got it on camera, though, so I am slowly building enough footage to edit a proper video together for Youtube which I will put on here.
i too am stomping along canals, blank after blank, i was up in adlington on the macc canal on saturday morning, just being out and about does it for me, anyway i bumped into 2 lads who were lure fishing and we had a chat about our adventures, he was telling me the canal was stuffed with 2.5/3 lb perch and lots of 5/6lb pike,but it had gone quiet since nov, that extended my fishing by about 2 hours ;), the car park on holehouse lane and the canal is right there, beautiful place, and seems to be a lot of lovely lady joggers :) if the fishing is quiet , which it has been for me.
off to the bridgewater on thursday near kelloggs , im determined to get at least 1 pike before i die :)

i too am stomping along canals, blank after blank, i was up in adlington on the macc canal on saturday morning, just being out and about does it for me, anyway i bumped into 2 lads who were lure fishing and we had a chat about our adventures, he was telling me the canal was stuffed with 2.5/3 lb perch and lots of 5/6lb pike,but it had gone quiet since nov, that extended my fishing by about 2 hours ;), the car park on holehouse lane and the canal is right there, beautiful place, and seems to be a lot of lovely lady joggers :) if the fishing is quiet , which it has been for me.
off to the bridgewater on thursday near kelloggs , im determined to get at least 1 pike before i die :)
It can be like this with perch at this time of year. I think that there are only certain times that they will actually chase and feed on fry because, unlike pike, they are omnivores. I suspect we'd be getting more bites with worms or prawns. It's also spawning time for them pretty soon which means they can be fat but also means they could be interested in other things. Another theory I've got is that lure fishing is getting increasingly popular and the bigger fish have wised up to the same lures working in the same way in the same places. You should be able to get a pike or two at this time of year though, mate. Keep at it. When they are hungry - maybe after they've spawned, they'll snatch at anything!

It can be like this with perch at this time of year. I think that there are only certain times that they will actually chase and feed on fry because, unlike pike, they are omnivores. I suspect we'd be getting more bites with worms or prawns. It's also spawning time for them pretty soon which means they can be fat but also means they could be interested in other things. Another theory I've got is that lure fishing is getting increasingly popular and the bigger fish have wised up to the same lures working in the same way in the same places. You should be able to get a pike or two at this time of year though, mate. Keep at it. When they are hungry - maybe after they've spawned, they'll snatch at anything!
fingers crossed, i reckon i get one then i will get many, lol, its the hope that kills you :), but as our @snorky has shown patience is a virtue , 40 years it took him to catch that fish :)

fingers crossed, i reckon i get one then i will get many, lol, its the hope that kills you :), but as our @snorky has shown patience is a virtue , 40 years it took him to catch that fish :)
It's bad, but it's not that bad mate! :)
But you do have to be a bit crazy. If I worked out the hours of casting I have put in on the Wye for that one.
It wasn't many seasons ago I was lucky enough to catch 11 and our syndicate had over 40.....
Last season we managed 2 between the 30 of us!

It's bad, but it's not that bad mate! :)
But you do have to be a bit crazy. If I worked out the hours of casting I have put in on the Wye for that one.
It wasn't many seasons ago I was lucky enough to catch 11 and our syndicate had over 40.....
Last season we managed 2 between the 30 of us!
makes it all the worth while when you do land one :)

Went to see how the river’s looking, still a week or two till we can launch a boat

3-E1-F0675-A07-D-4815-9833-FFA95660-D5-D1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.